Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS aside of which club wins out for his signature, I’m curious to know how many Tiger fans believe projected output in 2019 and beyond outweigh total costs of having Lynch on the list.

It has gotten to the point where people simply want Lynch at their club so he doesn’t sign with the other club but have lost sight of what his inclusion would come at the cost of to fit him in.

Tigers have won a flag and built something very rare over the last few seasons, then you’ve got Lynch as a cherry on top/piggy backing on that success.

Same goes for Collingwood where injuries have created a very unpredictable forward line ala Richmond 2017 that has got different avenues at goal. Does bringing in Lynch undo that to an extent?

What’re people’s thoughts?

I was back and forth earlier in the year. But have come down firmly in the yes camp now.

As a few others have said it’s a different direction to our current forward setup but you’ve got to keep evolving. Last year it was our pressure and you guys, Essendon, Norf, Hawks, Dees etc... have all followed suit this year and had considerable success. This year we’ve added the forward handball, it was reported a few teams tried to follow suit mid year and struggled but it’ll be a focus for a few teams over summer.

Lynch probably allows more long kicking and flexibility in game style and also allows Jack to roam around more getting involved in the play. I also think he would help us make the most of when we are on top, we have a top score of 125 this year, WCE, GWS, Pies, Dees, Norf, Port and Lions all have top scores of 130+ and GWS, Dees, WCE and Pies have multiple massive 140+ scores. It doesn’t seem like a lot but it shows that we don’t have the high end attack to slaughter a side, we rely on strangling them a bit and for the most part it works but Lynch could and should take us to another level in attack.

If we are another level in attack we can stay 1 step ahead of the pack hopefully.

I’m honestly not fussed. Part of me really wants him to go to the Pies because I’ve just got a bad feeling about his body, big blokes don’t seem to have as much luck with knees. Had he not had the knee injury I’d be keen to have him but I’m pretty cold on the idea of signing a big bloke who’s injured.
Time will tell I guess.

I’m Very surprised Jacob that you don’t want competition for the other tall forward spot

With the contract extensions there have been basically two camps. One camp was that it was to make room for Lynch and the other camp was that Lynch was going elsewhere and it was to fit the other uncontracted players in.

Well yeah Shorty was signed but he was always going to be and there hasn't been a domino effect with the rest of the uncontracted players so my money is well and truly in the first camp. Welcome to Tigerland Tom.
Following short I reckon Moore is the priority signing , houli and grigg will be decided in the Wash up, I expect at least 1 stays. Then there’s 5 or more that will be subject to plenty of trade discussion

I was back and forth earlier in the year. But have come down firmly in the yes camp now.

As a few others have said it’s a different direction to our current forward setup but you’ve got to keep evolving. Last year it was our pressure and you guys, Essendon, Norf, Hawks, Dees etc... have all followed suit this year and had considerable success. This year we’ve added the forward handball, it was reported a few teams tried to follow suit mid year and struggled but it’ll be a focus for a few teams over summer.

Lynch probably allows more long kicking and flexibility in game style and also allows Jack to roam around more getting involved in the play. I also think he would help us make the most of when we are on top, we have a top score of 125 this year, WCE, GWS, Pies, Dees, Norf, Port and Lions all have top scores of 130+ and GWS, Dees, WCE and Pies have multiple massive 140+ scores. It doesn’t seem like a lot but it shows that we don’t have the high end attack to slaughter a side, we rely on strangling them a bit and for the most part it works but Lynch could and should take us to another level in attack.

If we are another level in attack we can stay 1 step ahead of the pack hopefully.
Totally agree, we need to keep evolving to stay on top.

Was concerned about Prestia coming to the tigers with his injuries, but he has helped us win a premiership so if we do get Lynch then hopefully he can get us to a premiership too. Just more added class, thats what we were lacking a few years back (how far back can you go lol)

After hearing the cotch news im the most confident ive been so far.

Re signing him 2 years out from the end of his contract is done for a reason, you don't do that randomly.

Was concerned about Prestia coming to the tigers with his injuries, but he has helped us win a premiership so if we do get Lynch then hopefully he can get us to a premiership too. Just more added class, thats what we were lacking a few years back (how far back can you go lol)

Heard Tom is going to do a Lebron James style announcement and to not give away which club he has picked it will be held on the practice green at the East Malvern Golf Club which is equal distance between Punt Rd, Westpac Centre and Waverley Park

Maybe we are making room for Vickerys return
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyhow strict rules say this going way off topic lol. Wonders if lynch was allowed to see us live last week

I’m so proud. You’re all learning.

I’m so proud. You’re all learning.

Are we allowed to talk about the thread itself? For example: "How does this thread have more pages than our Premiership thread?"
Or is it strictly Lynch only? Asking for a friend.

Are we allowed to talk about the thread itself? For example: "How does this thread have more pages than our Premiership thread?"
Or is it strictly Lynch only? Asking for a friend.

Why on earth do you want to talk about the thread itself?
You could easily ask that question in the TAN thread.

BS aside of which club wins out for his signature, I’m curious to know how many Tiger fans believe projected output in 2019 and beyond outweigh total costs of having Lynch on the list.

It has gotten to the point where people simply want Lynch at their club so he doesn’t sign with the other club but have lost sight of what his inclusion would come at the cost of to fit him in.

Tigers have won a flag and built something very rare over the last few seasons, then you’ve got Lynch as a cherry on top/piggy backing on that success.

Same goes for Collingwood where injuries have created a very unpredictable forward line ala Richmond 2017 that has got different avenues at goal. Does bringing in Lynch undo that to an extent?

What’re people’s thoughts?

We have been playing guys like Townsend and Moore in the role Lynch will take on. Replacing battlers with an star. Net result would be great.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back