News Tom Lynch joins AFLW team as assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Different circumstances, I know - but a Western Bulldogs player who was injured last year was given a gig coaching a women's EDFL team

Didn't work out too well - most players felt he wasn't really into it

Hopefully Tom doesn’t treat it like some extra side thing that he could give or take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm for it, providing Tom really wants to coach.

Gives him a bit extra to get an assistant coaching gig away from Adelaide, which he should be looking at, seeing if Tom wants to be a head coach one day, he needs to get out of Adelaide (as all players do eventually need to with the club they retired at). Also, makes good use of our AFLW side whilst they're not professional (yet, seeing they will be in the not too distant future).

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Probably to replace McLeod who I was told yesterday has settled ties with us
Not severed ties

Just "has something else on" so can't do it. His critical comments about the club are completely coincidental and have nothing to do with him no longer working for the club.

The club values open and honest feedback.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Not severed ties

Just "has something else on" so can't do it. His critical comments about the club are completely coincidental and have nothing to do with him no longer working for the club.

The club values open and honest feedback.
They cut the funding to his indigenous programs back in late February or March. The AFLW coaching role is probably only part time.

Is it at all possible he's gone out and found something else to do with his time in the last 8 or 9 months?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back