Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We playing better now than when you beat us in the last 10 minutes of our recent match. Our improvement trajectory is at a steady rise....so expecting a super contest when we meet next....you are very beatable.
We’re playing no where near our best and still won by 7 goals

‘Yeah nah’ implies you have a very low IQ.

Time to move on.
Yeah na, but it is funny a Collingwood supporter questioning anyone's IQ. :eek:

Hawks have been destroying Collingwood for so long now its not funny anymore.

Then all you get is "but but but we have pace now" "but but but we are playing well now"

That's great but its an undisputed fact that the Hawks have destroyed them over and over and over and over and over again.

I thought going by past threads on the Collingwood board every time the Hawks play the Pies, you blokes have accepted this fact.

Anyway on Topic, I hope the kid stays at the GCS.

Alas for them I think Tom wants out and I am torn as to what I think of the Hawks chasing him, I think the price tag could potentially blow out a teams salary cap for years to come.

Surprised that AFL hasn't thought up some sort of "duty of care" rules for AFL clubs playing injured players.
One of the reasons JOM wanted to come to the Hawks and get out of the GCS was because of the appalling medical attention he received after his horrific knee injury.

Maybe they are making the poor kid play hurt hoping it will put off the Hawks, Pies and Tigers, making them think the guy is overrated.

I would not put anything past the GCS/AFL on this.

Yeah na, but it is funny a Collingwood supporter questioning anyone's IQ. :eek:

Hawks have been destroying Collingwood for so long now its not funny anymore.

Then all you get is "but but but we have pace now" "but but but we are playing well now"

That's great but its an undisputed fact that the Hawks have destroyed them over and over and over and over and over again.

I thought going by past threads on the Collingwood board every time the Hawks play the Pies, you blokes have accepted this fact.

Anyway on Topic, I hope the kid stays at the GCS.

Alas for them I think Tom wants out and I am torn as to what I think of the Hawks chasing him, I think the price tag could potentially blow out a teams salary cap for years to come.
‘Yeah nah’ Taz, no doubt the Hawks have been the better team.
If you think you have ‘destroyed’ the Pies over the past 5 years then yeah, you must be 12 yrs old. I’m sure you’ll learn ‘perspective’ by the time you are 15years of age.
I also hope Lynch stays at the GC. Just like I hope Murphy stays at Carlton and O’Meara should have stayed at GC.
If he leaves it won’t be for $$. If the $$ are high it will be to give CG a higher compensation pick. Otherwise a trade will likely be done for lower $$.

If it is out of Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn, my view is that the Hawks are behind the other 2. They have the worst emerging youth and just don’t play as an exciting brand of footy.

‘Yeah nah’ Taz, no doubt the Hawks have been the better team.
If you think you have ‘destroyed’ the Pies over the past 5 years then yeah, you must be 12 yrs old. I’m sure you’ll learn ‘perspective’ by the time you are 15years of age.
I also hope Lynch stays at the GC. Just like I hope Murphy stays at Carlton and O’Meara should have stayed at GC.
If he leaves it won’t be for $$. If the $$ are high it will be to give CG a higher compensation pick. Otherwise a trade will likely be done for lower $$.

If it is out of Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn, my view is that the Hawks are behind the other 2. They have the worst emerging youth and just don’t play as an exciting brand of footy.
Well it's cute that you think the Hawks have only destroyed Collingwood for the last 5 years, maybe it's you that is 12.Hawks have destroyed the Pies for decades.

On the point about his preferences out of the 3 teams, we are all just guessing.

I am genuine when I say "I hope the kid stays at the GCS".

I have cooled on the idea of blowing our salary cap apart, so have no problem if he does not choose the Hawks.

On JOM, the reason he left the GCS was the appalling medical treatment he got post his horrific injury. No one can blame the kid for wanting out, the GCS are now playing Lynch hurt as well.

Well it's cute that you think the Hawks have only destroyed Collingwood for the last 5 years, maybe it's you that is 12.Hawks have destroyed the Pies for decades.

On the point about his preferences out of the 3 teams, we are all just guessing.

I have cooled on the idea of blowing our salary cap apart, so have no problem if he does not choose the Hawks.

On JOM, the reason he left the GCS was the appalling medical treatment he got post his horrific injury. No one can blame the kid for wanting out, the GCS are now playing Lynch hurt as well.
Have you checked the all time record of collingwood vs Hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘Yeah nah’ I prefer to look to the future. And it’s obvious you continue to rely on the golden oldies with no genuinely exciting young talent coming through.

Clarko knows it.

Your future looks very bleak. I have a feeling you know that Lynch won’t want to go to the hawks. ‘Blowing your salary cap’? Your golden oldies are gone or on the way out. You have plenty of room.

‘Yeah nah’ I prefer to look to the future. And it’s obvious you continue to rely on the golden oldies with no genuinely exciting young talent coming through.

Clarko knows it.

Your future looks very bleak. I have a feeling you know that Lynch won’t want to go to the hawks. ‘Blowing your salary cap’? Your golden oldies are gone or on the way out. You have plenty of room.

You do realise how the AFL works I assume?

Of course the Hawks being so good for so long will eventually bite, it's how it all works.

So are you saying that the club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, has a bleak future?

Footy changes quickly and the Hawks will rebuild soon enough and be winning Flags again, it's what we do.

You can have all the top end draft talent in the world like Melb,GWS,GCS but means nothing if you have * all to show for it.

In the meantime we continue to destroy Collingwood with monotonous regularity.

Last edited:
You do realise how the AFL works I assume?

Of course the Hawks being so good for so long will eventually bite, it's how it all works.

So are you saying that the club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, has a bleak future?

Footy changes quickly and the Hawks will rebuild soon enough and be winning Flags again, it's what we do.

In the meantime we continue to destroy Collingwood with monotonous regularity.

Hope we get em in a final this year, and bend em over and spank em like an unwanted red headed stepchild!!!

Hope we get em in a final this year, and bend em over and spank em like an unwanted red headed stepchild!!!
They are playing well and have a better list than us ATM.
That goes without saying because we have been Kings for so long that eventually it bites, that's the way the AFL want it.

Does not change the fact that we have been flogging Collingwood for so long now, it's almost funny.

Ask any reasonably sane Pies fan (if there is such a thing) who they s**t themselves when they play against them, the answer will always be The Hawks.

Lot of assumptions there champ.

So you having said all that I guess you guys should easily beat us then?

I wonder why you didn't

In before the "but but but we are playing well now"

‘Yeah nah’ we will beat you comprehensively this year. You were fortunate to have played us round 1. The returning round will be no contest.

Keep living in the past mate. The future is what matters.

‘Yeah nah’ we will beat you comprehensively this year. You were fortunate to have played us round 1. The returning round will be no contest.
Yes of course we were lucky to play you first round. :huh:

Sad to hear you have given up on the return game, I was hoping the Pies would give us a run for our money.

One of the reasons JOM wanted to come to the Hawks and get out of the GCS was because of the appalling medical attention he received after his horrific knee injury.

Maybe they are making the poor kid play hurt hoping it will put off the Hawks, Pies and Tigers, making them think the guy is overrated.

I would not put anything past the GCS/AFL on this.
What a load of BS

Sad to hear you have given up on the return game, I was hoping the Pies would give us a run for our money.
Just like you're bored with winning, (but not bored with posting about it :rolleyes:) we're bored with losing to you.
We only play you once this year.

Yes I have.

Have you checked the record for say the 80s onwards?

Or since Clarko has been coaching against Buckley.

However if you want to mention things that happened in the 20s 30s 40s 50s then go right ahead.
Eh we have the better current team and the better history, you can isolate whatever you want if you wish

Back