News Tom Lynch - RFA, Captaincy Rescinded

Remove this Banner Ad

The “misfiring pies” article on AFL.com seems to set a scene where the pies have admitted they are after him and are playing Moore in the backline and didn’t chase a KPF in last years draft in preparation

If Tom and the pies have done a O’Cockface and Hawthorn by coming to terms while in contract with another club that would be disappointing

The “misfiring pies” article on AFL.com seems to set a scene where the pies have admitted they are after him and are playing Moore in the backline and didn’t chase a KPF in last years draft in preparation

If Tom and the pies have done a O’Cockface and Hawthorn by coming to terms while in contract with another club that would be disappointing
I would find it amazing if he (or his manager) would have been dealing with those snakes whilst still captaining the club.
There is going to be some absolute rubbish written around Lynch and Sloane.
Wait until he gets off to a flyer now that's he's injury free. The salivating from the Victorians will be red lining.
In saying that, if he's firing we'll be going ok and more chance he stays with us.
Strap yourself in though....

I would find it amazing if he (or his manager) would have been dealing with those snakes whilst still captaining the club.
There is going to be some absolute rubbish written around Lynch and Sloane.
Wait until he gets off to a flyer now that's he's injury free. The salivating from the Victorians will be red lining.
In saying that, if he's firing we'll be going ok and more chance he stays with us.
Strap yourself in though....
In fairness, I doubt Tom has been involved in those conversations however, if his manager hasn't, he isn't doing his job properly. Pretty sure without checking his manager is Paul Connors, who I think is one of the best out there.
These decisions are never 1 week or 1 month decisions, so as a manager, it is his job to put all offers on the table at some stage. When Tom says he's ready to review his position, his manager will put everything on the table, and TOms a big boy, he will understand whats important to him (Living in Vic, $ for the future, his Mrs needs, whatever) and make an informed decision when ready.

To be honest, clubs and list managers are that advanced now, that I wouldn't be surprised if they are touching base with managers to inquire about players 2 years out from when they are out of contract.

If his manager is Paul connors that will only help us, Connors seems to be a fan of the Suns and has helped us tie down some of our top picks in recent years to longer contracts not long after being drafted like the 4 picks in the top 10 a few years ago all are under connors stable I think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If his manager is Paul connors that will only help us, Connors seems to be a fan of the Suns and has helped us tie down some of our top picks in recent years to longer contracts not long after being drafted like the 4 picks in the top 10 a few years ago all are under connors stable I think

From last contract negotiation...

General Manager – Football Operations, Marcus Ashcroft welcomed Lynch’s signature and credited Lynch and his manager, Paul Connors, for facilitating a smooth negotiation.

“We are rapt that Tom has re-committed to the club until the end of 2018,” Ashcroft said.

I seem to recall a Scott Clayton interview near end of his time bemoaning our inability to keep or attract the best players.
Got the sense that he knew more than he was letting on.
But in my worst nightmare I can't believe Lynch would do an O'Meara... .

I seem to recall a Scott Clayton interview near end of his time bemoaning our inability to keep or attract the best players.
Got the sense that he knew more than he was letting on.
But in my worst nightmare I can't believe Lynch would do an O'Meara... .
Same. Especially to go to Hawthorn and follow in JOM’s footsteps. From everything I’ve read and heard about Lynchie, it isn’t all about him, unlike “O’Traitor”.
Reading an interview with O’Cockface yesterday, he said “I” about seven times in two or three sentences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he manages a couple of our guys who recently extended contracts - think McCluggage and/or Rayner. If he is Lynch's manager that's a big plus.

Really hope Lynch stays, love seeing fellow northern clubs retain big V players. Even better if Pies fans think it's a done deal before he re-signs with the GC;)

Gold Coast to offer Tom Lynch Monster 7yr deal.

I wonder if he is happy finishing his 12-15yr career at the Suns with only 100 wins

Jk
So you're saying he might hit 66 wins in his next 5 seasons? I'll take those odds.
2018 10 wins-12 losses
2019 12-11 First finals, but out in straight sets
2020 16-9 Lose prelims
2021 19-6 Win GF
2022 9-13 Trade 30 yo Lynch to Pies for 1st Round Draft pick

So you're saying he might hit 66 wins in his next 5 seasons? I'll take those odds.
2018 10 wins-12 losses
2019 12-11 First finals, but out in straight sets
2020 16-9 Lose prelims
2021 19-6 Win GF
2022 9-13 Trade 30 yo Lynch to Pies for 1st Round Draft pick

Yeah think your missing the “ career “ part , if he didn’t have Gold Coast next to his name I would think he is trolling.

Yeah think your missing the “ career “ part , if he didn’t have Gold Coast next to his name I would think he is trolling.

Tom Lynch has 34 wins so far as a Sun. If he plays another 5 years, and the team wins 66 games including Finals, he will be "finishing his 12yr career at the Suns with only 100 wins" and then he can go chase the big bucks while still fulfilling Ben's prophecy.

Tom Lynch has 34 wins so far as a Sun. If he plays another 5 years, and the team wins 66 games including Finals, he will be "finishing his 12yr career at the Suns with only 100 wins" and then he can go chase the big bucks while still fulfilling Ben's prophecy.

I’ll be honest I’ve got no idea where you have got this 5 years from ?? If we have offered 7 years to lynchy plus this year is 8 years , I’ll hope we win more than 60 games.

I’ll be honest I’ve got no idea where you have got this 5 years from ?? If we have offered 7 years to lynchy plus this year is 8 years , I’ll hope we win more than 60 games.

Lynch has played 7 seasons and if he is traded after 5 seasons it will be 12 years. It's called looking at Ben's dreary outlook and seeing the glass half full. Why do so many people think we've been around for more than 7 AFL seasons? We had 2 development seasons before the inaugural AFL season in 2011, so people have been members 9 years, but Lynch is only 24 years old and has a lot of footy ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back