Toast Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Called it a long time ago.

Not even bothering to read the explanation of Lynch not being best 22 on team balance.

Lynch is first 10 picked on team balance.

Find me a better forward in the comp that does what he does? There's probably about 4 or 5, Riewoldt being the best.

But even that statement looks conservative now! :p

The issue for him is when he has turned it over in the past, it's bern that awful kick from wing to centre and turning it over in the worst position - almost always goal to the other side. It's so horrible that even though it might only happen a few times, it = a pile of turnovers on here.

Same thing happened to Cheney last week. Immaculate user but turned it over once through the middle and that = a mistake riddled game.
I guess that is the flipside of his assists stat - when it works Tex takes it on the chest in the corridor

He's only played 60 games? Bloody hell.

That surprised me too, seems like he's been around forever, plays like it!

Here's our list for the weekend by age and by games, a lot still to come into prime age and prime games but getting close to it.
ages:
5. Scott Thompson 33
7. Nathan van Berlo 30
18. Eddie Betts, 29
26. Richard Douglas, 29
4. Josh Jenkins 27
14. David Mackay, 27
24. Sam Jacobs, 27
9. Rory Sloane, 26
25. Kyle Cheney, 26
13. Taylor Walker, 25
27. Tom Lynch, 25
11. Paul Seedsman, 24
12. Daniel Talia, 24
15. Kyle Hartigan, 24
33. Brodie Smith, 24
16. Luke Brown, 23
28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen, 23
31. Jarryd Lyons, 23
2. Brad Crouch 22
29. Rory Laird, 22
21. Rory Atkins, 21
44. Matt Crouch 21
6. Jake Lever 20
30. Wayne Milera, 18

games:
5. Scott Thompson 285
18. Eddie Betts, 229
7. Nathan van Berlo 202
26. Richard Douglas, 171
14. David Mackay, 144
24. Sam Jacobs, 127
9. Rory Sloane, 118
13. Taylor Walker, 107
12. Daniel Talia, 98
33. Brodie Smith, 97
4. Josh Jenkins 69
16. Luke Brown, 69
27. Tom Lynch, 60
29. Rory Laird, 57
25. Kyle Cheney, 53
11. Paul Seedsman, 49
31. Jarryd Lyons, 35
15. Kyle Hartigan, 28
2. Brad Crouch 25
44. Matt Crouch 25
6. Jake Lever 12
28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen, 12
21. Rory Atkins, 8
30. Wayne Milera, 0

plus
cameron age 21, games 29
knight 21, 11

hampton 23, 51
otten 26, 80
hendo 27,81
kelly, 21, 10
menzel 21, 40
shaw 24, 24 -cant believe sam shaw's only played 24 games!

huge young potential bolded!
which are at minimum handy depth and maximum quite a good set of players.

In for a big year IMO, looks to have gained an extra level of confidence/comfort in the side, ie he looks like he's a player who truly believes he belongs in the side. Hard to describe, but perhaps a healthy level of arrogance to his game.

Brilliant player IMO, I hope he can improve his kicking, that's his only let down.. His field kicking can sometimes be really bad. With the additional skills training this pre season Lynch could become even more valuable.

Its funny, cos sometimes his field kicking can be a bit off, but boy can he dish up some absolute ripper passes into the forward 50!

In for a big year IMO, looks to have gained an extra level of confidence/comfort in the side, ie he looks like he's a player who truly believes he belongs in the side. Hard to describe, but perhaps a healthy level of arrogance to his game.
Good pick up and it's absolutely something I picked up on as well, which prompted the OP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massively underrated player by the wider competition. I'd love to have a player who does what he can. Effectively made the loss of Gunston, which could have been huge, imo, into a relatively minor inconvenience.
Nah, it was still an inconvenience. Gunston is rangy and clever. You could always do with a Gunston. He was just a mummy boy.

Nah, it was still an inconvenience. Gunston is rangy and clever. You could always do with a Gunston. He was just a mummy boy.
Not denigrating Gunston at all as hes a terrific player, but stats wise these 2 are far closer than you would think, and their roles are more similar than you would think as well.

Not denigrating Gunston at all as hes a terrific player, but stats wise these 2 are far closer than you would think, and their roles are more similar than you would think as well.
Well if we have picked Lynch out as a direct replacement, that's a solid option. Gunston for mine up forward however is more accurate. You say closer. Chief is a harder worker than Gunston by far but how do they match up. Inb4 Google footy wire.

Loving Lynchy's work.

I also like the way you can see him making a concerted to effort not to duck and keep his head up. I don't think he was ever trying to draw the free, it was just his very stupid and dangerous way of getting out of a tackle or getting rid of an opponent. Glad he's worked on it. Such an important cog for us.

Well if we have picked Lynch out as a direct replacement, that's a solid option. Gunston for mine up forward however is more accurate. You say closer. Chief is a harder worker than Gunston by far but how do they match up. Inb4 Google footy wire.
Broadly speaking Chief gets more of it, but Jack covers him for goals - as you'd expect.

If you combined goals and assists though in 2015, Jack combined for 77 against Chiefs 62 - not a huge difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back