Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GONE, looks a magpie man. Unfortunately the wobblers shouldn't have spent that much money on getting wells and mayne. Wells is like 3 yrs for 2 mil or something and mayne getting shitload for doing **** all. Don't think he will get to melbourne as he would b surplus as they already got hogan and mcdonald. We got big bad benny brown, so surplus. Richmond is another possible location as jack riewoldt is getting on. Collingwood is the natural and best destination for club profile and from a needs point of view. St kilda another good option as they have no big name in the forward line since nick riewoldt retired.

Wouldn't North be an option given that Waite isn't going to be around forever? Or are the second forward eggs all in the Mason Wood basket?

My god dont let certain people on your board hear you say you would rather take the #5 compo :eek:

Their view of we must match and make the victorians pay is just silly, You need to first have a look at what that club would possibly be prepared to pay and in Richmonds case all GC would get is 2018 +2019 1st rounders being #15-#20 what more could you possibly ask for that could be acceptable and being a arrogant stubborn fool will just get the AFL mediation involved and a club thats run by the afl that wont look too nice and will create bigger issue's
Yeah we didn’t see any such carry on from the Tigs fans on the Dusty thread last year. :rolleyes:

You say I’ll we will get from you is two late first rounders but your mob were also adamant they wouldn’t give up pick 6 for Prestia, I call your bluff I think your holding a pair of deuces

Wouldn't North be an option given that Waite isn't going to be around forever? Or are the second forward eggs all in the Mason Wood basket?
Would have thought with roughie not far from the end we are up there with collingwood in terms of favouritism. The pies at least have Reid as a capable option and Moore if they decide to play him there. We have Rough, Gunston (who doesn't play as a key forward) and a mediocre O Brien. Clarko is all about structure and building a premiership contending list which ever way is possible so wouldn't be surprised if we have offered big money to get him to the club.

So you dont have a source but just pulled that number out of your ****

Richmond signed him for $ 8 mil 7 year deal , North had $1.5 mil x 7

Richmonds offer of $800k was at the start of the year so no it was not low balling as nobody was to know the year he was to have

Think it might be an idea to give this up now , it was all discussed all of last year

Hope he does well for you guys as you have spent alot of time on getting him both by the team and the Bigfooty fan club
So based on your numbers 4 million for 5 yrs then 8 million for 7 yrs......hmm yeah/nah you guys didnt lowball.

Would have thought with roughie not far from the end we are up there with collingwood in terms of favouritism. The pies at least have Reid as a capable option and Moore if they decide to play him there. We have Rough, Gunston (who doesn't play as a key forward) and a mediocre O Brien. Clarko is all about structure and building a premiership contending list which ever way is possible so wouldn't be surprised if we have offered big money to get him to the club.

Reid isn't offering as much as he used to. Injuries have taken their toll.

I'm not sure we will see him play forward any longer and if he can't fit in down back, he may be depth going forward.

So based on your numbers 4 million for 5 yrs then 8 million for 7 yrs......hmm yeah/nah you guys didnt lowball.
Man what dont you understand ?

Our offer was prior to season starting and $800k was big dollars for what Dusty had produced until then, That amount would have been more than what your captain and best player was getting at the time.

What dont you understand about Dustin Martin then going onto have the best season ever and naturally his value will increase throughout the year
Cant be bothered with you any longer and sick of trying to educate you with something a 12 year old understands

Yeah we didn’t see any such carry on from the Tigs fans on the Dusty thread last year. :rolleyes:

You say I’ll we will get from you is two late first rounders but your mob were also adamant they wouldn’t give up pick 6 for Prestia, I call your bluff I think your holding a pair of deuces
LOL ok lets play this game then shall we

With the Prestia deal we had pick #6 and thats what Gold Coast wanted and eventually negotiated to give up pick 6 and exchange of later picks which brought our 2nd rounder up .

This year we will hold pick #16-#22 depending on where we finish and its looking like top 4 and that pick could get blown out by 4-5 picks depending on Father son / Academy / Compo picks
2019 would probably be the same and thats what picks we would hold

Now tell me which player do you think that Richmond will be prepared give up that would get the deal done , If its Richmond that Lynch selects and to be honest i really dont care if he comes or not as our team is purring along nicely even without him

2 picks around the 16-22 range plus fringe player is not better than #5, You could possibly trade #5 to say Adelaide for 2 picks under 15

Just think about that for a minute ?

You’re right. Even though we signed Dusty for 7 years, North are the real moral winners here because they never made an offer below 1mil.

Well done Brad Scott, Dilena and co. Something to really hang your hat on.

You’re right. Even though we signed Dusty for 7 years, North are the real moral winners here because they never made an offer below 1mil.

Well done Brad Scott, Dilena and co. Something to really hang your hat on.
They were emotionally prepared to pay 2 palyers $21M over 7 years between them
Clearly a morale victory for them
Clearly they valued each player correctly
Clealry won the trade period

Poor GWS and Richmond having to keep such upset players in Kelly and Martin on their list for less money than North were prepared to part with...
What losers those two club are...

THE_GUN thoughts?

They were emotionally prepared to pay 2 palyers $21M over 7 years between them
Clearly a morale victory for them
Clearly they valued each player correctly
Clealry won the trade period

Poor GWS and Richmond having to keep such upset players in Kelly and Martin on their list for less money than North were prepared to part with...
What losers those two club are...

THE_GUN thoughts?
Once upon a time player managers used to use a big club in contract negotiations with a players current club to get more money from the players existing club. Last year they discovered they no longer need to do this as North will throw money at any player to get them to come over and north just get used with no player wanting to go there.

I hope they actually manage to get a player to accept one day as they would really be struggling to meet the required min 95% cap payment, Kelly i think can just about squeeze $2,000,000 from them the way its going.

Must be really difficult and frustrating for the leadership players at North to constantly be showing players around that never end up coming

LOL ok lets play this game then shall we

With the Prestia deal we had pick #6 and thats what Gold Coast wanted and eventually negotiated to give up pick 6 and exchange of later picks which brought our 2nd rounder up .

This year we will hold pick #16-#22 depending on where we finish and its looking like top 4 and that pick could get blown out by 4-5 picks depending on Father son / Academy / Compo picks
2019 would probably be the same and thats what picks we would hold

Now tell me which player do you think that Richmond will be prepared give up that would get the deal done , If its Richmond that Lynch selects and to be honest i really dont care if he comes or not as our team is purring along nicely even without him

2 picks around the 16-22 range plus fringe player is not better than #5, You could possibly trade #5 to say Adelaide for 2 picks under 15

Just think about that for a minute ?
I think you should be thinking about how you get us two top 10 picks and what that means to your premiership team. As others have said if you raid a club it makes sense to hurt that club in return.

A top 5 pick is no guarantee of an outcome, a s**t fight where a club is forced to pay a heavy price is

I think you should be thinking about how you get us two top 10 picks and what that means to your premiership team. As others have said if you raid a club it makes sense to hurt that club in return.

A top 5 pick is no guarantee of an outcome, a s**t fight where a club is forced to pay a heavy price is
Wake up - GC wont be getting 2 x top 10 picks keep dreaming

If he comes to Richmond you will take the compo pick and get on your bike, The Afl cannot be compromised with its 'Own' Club getting in the way of player movement specially when they are getting a top 5 compo pick.

All this hoo haaa but everybody knows that GC will take it

If he comes to Richmond you will take the compo pick and get on your bike, The Afl cannot be compromised with its 'Own' Club getting in the way of player movement specially when they are getting a top 5 compo pick.

Correct weight. But wait until utensil Ring gets on his high horse. He'll string it out as long as he can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct weight. But wait until utensil Ring gets on his high horse. He'll string it out as long as he can.

Personally i dont believe they will match the bid and let Lynch go if thats what he decides to come to Richmond which looks like finishing top 4
But say Lynch selects Hawks or Pies and the team finishes 6-10 then they would match and get 2 1st rounders only because the difference between the compo and the other teams 1st rounder is not that great and the chance to get a bonus 1st rounder the following year.

Sorry Gun but you have no insight into what the Suns will do, you are speculating like the rest of us

A bit torn on this one.
I’d love him at Richmond.

But the Suns can’t let a player of that quality go for unders.

The compo pick would be better than what we would offer them (a couple of picks in the teens), but if they don’t want that, they should match and sign him.

They have the salary cap space to offer him significant dollars or obtain a top 5 draft pick for him.

Gold Coast hold all the cards and I hope they get what they want.

A bit torn on this one.
I’d love him at Richmond.

But the Suns can’t let a player of that quality go for unders.

The compo pick would be better than what we would offer them (a couple of picks in the teens), but if they don’t want that, they should match and sign him.

They have the salary cap space to offer him significant dollars or obtain a top 5 draft pick for him.

Gold Coast hold all the cards and I hope they get what they want.

This is Just the point , Just because you can match if the player wants to leave then he doesnt have to sign
Thats the main reason he accepts the other teams offer as its not for the money as GC can beat any offer - If he takes up the FA he is gone

This is where gold coast need to have a look at what they might be able to extract from the selected team and when you look at Richmond its 2 late 1st rounders plus fringe player

I would say that if Lynch decides to take up the free agency that its not Richmond , Hawks & Pies would be able to offer Gold Coast a better trade

Hence why I said “like the rest of us,” did you read the post?
Ok so why are we sitting here infront of our computers on a footy forum ?

To Post our opinions - There is no insight required to post an opinion, 99% of people on this forum that post have no source or contacts with a club but are just fans posting their 'Opinion' like you and I.

So ask yourself why you are logged on ? Certainly not to get any facts from the club but just to read other peoples opinion

Ok so why are we sitting here infront of our computers on a footy forum ?

To Post our opinions - There is no insight required to post an opinion, 99% of people on this forum that post have no source or contacts with a club but are just fans posting their 'Opinion' like you and I.

So ask yourself why you are logged on ? Certainly not to get any facts from the club but just to read other peoples opinion
Neither us have any insight into this, so when you state the Suns “will” take the compo based on nothing but opinion you must expect people to reply with an opposing view.

In the end what we want is the best outcome for our clubs and we waffle on here as if it had some baring on the end result.

This is Just the point , Just because you can match if the player wants to leave then he doesnt have to sign
Thats the main reason he accepts the other teams offer as its not for the money as GC can beat any offer - If he takes up the FA he is gone

This is where gold coast need to have a look at what they might be able to extract from the selected team and when you look at Richmond its 2 late 1st rounders plus fringe player

I would say that if Lynch decides to take up the free agency that its not Richmond , Hawks & Pies would be able to offer Gold Coast a better trade
Just curious, why you think Richmond can offer only 2 late 1st rounders. Surely, Richmond could do some trades to upgrade this year pick to 5-10?

lynch and brown, you dont get the best out of the two in the same forward line just as carey, lockett and ablett wouldn't be good if they in the same team together. Wood compliments brown perfect where lynch is a replacement for brown. Both are 26 or turning 26 i would say replacement is not it. Our forward of center is well set. Brown Wood with Ziebell as 3rd tall and the small pressure forwards we got are premiership level quality in ability and synergy. Our backline is actually the area to reinforce as thompson is 33 is retiring, tarrant is 29 and daw 27 but still very raw. Daw surprisingly enough is actually the ace in the hole type 'find' in that him being an exceptional talent can nail down a spot once he is coached properly as he has got all the attribute to be excellent in whichever position that suits him. Thus far we haven't found the right position until now. He's a unique player as he is our 3rd tall backman and 2nd ruck. Rather fringe sounding role but very few can play that.

Personally i dont believe they will match the bid and let Lynch go if thats what he decides to come to Richmond which looks like finishing top 4
But say Lynch selects Hawks or Pies and the team finishes 6-10 then they would match and get 2 1st rounders only because the difference between the compo and the other teams 1st rounder is not that great and the chance to get a bonus 1st rounder the following year.

Won't be us then mate. We're not in the position now to be trading away 2 x first rounders again. Especially for a free agent.

I reckon you're over-complicating it here. Again, pick 5 in compo, or some negotiation that may or may not be better than that compo.

They will look like fools, if they match and knock back the compo, and:
- he walks to the draft and goes to Carlton, and they get donuts
- or they trade and end up with something worse.

Too high risk when something so sweet is already on the table.

Remember. Buddy for pick 19. And he's 10 times the player Lynch will ever be.

Back