Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

have you seen how many free agents the pies have, i highly doubt they cant afford to keep DeGeoy and sign Lynch.
How much is Grundy on?.. he’s a South Aussie... crows already have two first rounders this year and could end up with another if Sloane goes.

Grundy out to the crows for a first ... suns lynch in for a couple of firsts.. Cox becomes the main ruck.

As an aside, some of the premature gloating from pies fans here suddenly is a bit cringeworthy. Honestly there’s nothing solid indicating he’ll go to us over anyone else...

How much is Grundy on?.. he’s a South Aussie... crows already have two first rounders this year and could end up with another if Sloane goes.

Grundy out to the crows for a first ... suns lynch in for a couple of firsts.. Cox becomes the main ruck.
$625k, and you’re taking the piss if you think you’d get Grundy for only a first rounder.

Again... more insecurity lol

Please explain what Caddy, Richmond and premierships have anything to do with Tom Lynch in the draft and trades board.
Perhaps you might want to look up what insecurity means, Winning a flag and 2nd on the ladder is all about how comfortable i am with our position hence no issue's with insecurity - Josh Caddy's v Tom Lynch just shows whats expected in the position the Lynch plays as a KPF and how under performed he has been this year.

$625k, and you’re taking the piss if you think you’d get Grundy for only a first rounder.
A first rounder this year is different to a first rounder in a normal draft year... teams aren’t going to give them up lightly at all.

And it’s kind of funny that you’re suggesting that he’s only on $625 but he’s somehow worth two firsts!... yet Tom lynch is looking at offers of up to 1.5 million a year and some of you’re fellow Collingwood supporters feel he’s only worth a compo pick and that’s what the suns should be happy accepting...

The mathematics on that doesn’t exactly add up...

The suns will match whatever other clubs offer tom and they will force a trade.. they’d be stupid not to.. they’ll end up with a first from this year and a first from next year plus any other goodies they can draw out of it.

As an aside, some of the premature gloating from pies fans here suddenly is a bit cringeworthy. Honestly there’s nothing solid indicating he’ll go to us over anyone else...
Exactly !!

For all we know he may have agreed with Richmond or Hawthorn or even decided to stay at Gold Coast, Robbo is not the most reliable source
My Initial post was regarding how badly he has performed this year and for a player thats expecting $1 million dollars plus a season on probably 6-7 years

Im kind of thinking ' Is he really worth this ? and a career average of just 2 goals and 15 possessions a game , Starting to think that money could be better spent on another player.

But you are correct ther

How does your point stand ??

Your initial post made no sense what so ever , You might want to go and learn what the difference between an uncontracted player and a free agent is prior to posting.
What the * are you on about lol they’re out of contract, that opens up salary. What’s not to understand. Talk about horrendous comprehension skills.

What the **** are you on about lol they’re out of contract, that opens up salary. What’s not to understand. Talk about horrendous comprehension skills.
your trippin mate - you posted free agent not out of contract

free agents dont open up salary cap , they cost you more to keep

how old are you ?

My Initial post was regarding how badly he has performed this year and for a player thats expecting $1 million dollars plus a season on probably 6-7 years

Im kind of thinking ' Is he really worth this ? and a career average of just 2 goals and 15 possessions a game , Starting to think that money could be better spent on another player.
My thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is worth more than any of Adelaide players.

So Grundy is worth a first and Lynch is worth a couple of firsts.

Except Grundy is playing better.

Funny.

A first rounder this year is different to a first rounder in a normal draft year... teams aren’t going to give them up lightly at all.
Melbourne gave theirs up for Lever in addition to last years, so I’d suggest you’re over valuing the pick.
And it’s kind of funny that you’re suggesting that he’s only on $625 but he’s somehow worth two firsts!... yet Tom lynch is looking at offers of up to 1.5 million a year and some of you’re fellow Collingwood supporters feel he’s only worth a compo pick and that’s what the suns should be happy accepting...
Grundy is contracted, and our most valuable player. What he’s being paid currently is completely irrelevant. If he was ooc this year he’d be fielding offers much higher than that. Get your head out of your arse.
The mathematics on that doesn’t exactly add up...
Only if your maths are incredibly stupid.
The suns will match whatever other clubs offer tom and they will force a trade.. they’d be stupid not to.. they’ll end up with a first from this year and a first from next year plus any other goodies they can draw out of it.
Maybe, maybe not. The top 10 in this draft are next level. If his destination club plays finals then the decision becomes a lot harder.

And please stop acting as if all firsts are equal. There’s a big difference between pick 5 and a pick in the teens.

Melbourne gave theirs up for Lever in addition to last years, so I’d suggest you’re over valuing the pick.

Grundy is contracted, and our most valuable player. What he’s being paid currently is completely irrelevant. If he was ooc this year he’d be fielding offers much higher than that. Get your head out of your arse.

Only if your maths are incredibly stupid.

Maybe, maybe not. The top 10 in this draft are next level. If his destination club plays finals then the decision becomes a lot harder.

And please stop acting as if all firsts are equal. There’s a big difference between pick 5 and a pick in the teens.

Melbourne payed through the nose because they obviously felt lever was the last piece of the puzzle for them..

There’s no need for the abuse and childish responses you then serve up in you’re next few lines... if you can’t have a conversation without resorting to abuse your probably best not saying anything at all. I was simply giving my opinion on how it doesn’t add up, I could care less if you agree or not. So I’m not gonna bother responding to them.

Anyone that thinks the suns are gonna let him walk for a compo pick is dreaming... it will be the death of the club if they don’t fight for every last drop they can get out of it if he leaves. They’d have more spare money in their cap than any other team in the comp so they will match any offer that comes in.. so the club he wants to go to will have to pay a massive premium and won’t have a leg to stand on if they then turn around and say he’s not worth much in trade value (both picks and players)..

just my opinion but like I said... if the suns just accepted a compo pick for him and didn’t fight tooth an nail for more they’ll struggle up here to retain the already tiny supporter base they currently have. It’s the reason they fought so hard to retain ablett.. QLD AFL support is currently on life support.

Who knows he may decide to sign up with the suns for another year or two on massive coin and then leave as a UFA to a Victorian club on another massive deal after that..

Melbourne payed through the nose because they obviously felt lever was the last piece of the puzzle for them..

There’s no need for the abuse and childish responses you then serve up in you’re next few lines... if you can’t have a conversation without resorting to abuse your probably best not saying anything at all. I was simply giving my opinion on how it doesn’t add up, I could care less if you agree or not. So I’m not gonna bother responding to them.

Anyone that thinks the suns are gonna let him walk for a compo pick is dreaming... it will be the death of the club if they don’t fight for every last drop they can get out of it if he leaves. They’d have more spare money in their cap than any other team in the comp so they will match any offer that comes in.. so the club he wants to go to will have to pay a massive premium and won’t have a leg to stand on if they then turn around and say he’s not worth much in trade value (both picks and players)..

just my opinion but like I said... if the suns just accepted a compo pick for him and didn’t fight tooth an nail for more they’ll struggle up here to retain the already tiny supporter base they currently have. It’s the reason they fought so hard to retain ablett.. QLD AFL support is currently on life support.

Who knows he may decide to sign up with the suns for another year or two on massive coin and then leave as a UFA to a Victorian club on another massive deal after that..
If GC finish in the bottom 2 or 3 which is likely they'll take the compo pick and run rather than trying to hold onto a player that doesn't want to be there. Pick 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 in this draft is worth more to their list than any possible trade especially when there's chance to draft the King boys.

So it doesn’t matter how good the player is, it’s how desperate the club is to land them? Tell me, why would Adelaide be able to pay a single first, for arguably the most valuable ruckman in the comp, who is under contract, and is his current clubs MVP? Because of what he’s currently being paid? Please....
Make a less stupid statements and I’ll give you more mature answers. Seems like you’re using it as an out because you’ve been taken to school on player value though.
We shall see. There’s every chance that they’ll regard the opportunity to get both the King brothers at the club as far more valuable than two picks in the teens.

Your definition of ‘more’ is interesting. Once again, you seem to be valuing all firsts the same. I’d regard pick 5 in this draft as far more valuable than pick 12 and a probable pick in the teens next year, and that’s assuming that his destination club isn’t Richmond, who’s picks are likely to be much worse.
Unlikely. He’s mentally checked out already, you can see it in the way he’s playing.

So Grundy is worth a first and Lynch is worth a couple of firsts.

Except Grundy is playing better.

Funny.

Grundy is only 24 yet a top five player in the league so far in 2018, dominating every game in the ruck and being a monster in every contested situation. He’d just about be the most valuable player in the competition.

Back