Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And that assumption is because of his family being long term legend status , his idolization of bucks as a kid , the 23 players they have out of contract , the friendship with current players (sack) , your gut feeling or Collingwood getting him
MAYBE KILLER COX. will explode

It seems to me that the lad has a choice:

To play under a legendary coach in Clarkson, or to play under a coach, who is a legend in his own lunchbox, in Buckley.

Well that's all good Nankervis conca miles all changed clubs or in the case of conca is on second contract after being a big draft pick and would a least be on average 320k wage
The newbies don't count YET
all clubs can say be same
I repeat family loves us
Should have seen him as a young boy
Bucks bucks. Bucks
Hmmm

Conca - No way he was given a charity contract for 2 years (was in the papers and was nearly delisted)
Whilst i did say $200k , You can see that alot of the new draftee's wouldnt even be anywhere near that
We are talking about 2018 , Why wouldn't new draftee's count ??
I know my team mate have been following them for 50 years

Do
Conca - No way he was given a charity contract for 2 years (was in the papers and was nearly delisted)
Whilst i did say $200k , You can see that alot of the new draftee's wouldnt even be anywhere near that
We are talking about 2018 , Why wouldn't new draftee's count ??
I know my team mate have been following them for 50 years

Mate he ain't going there

In reply to your sig -
"In my opinion, Royce Hart is the greatest centre half-forward the game has seen,"

Hart's former teammate Kevin Bartlett

Lynchy is probably the best CHF in this decade ;)

Meh....Carey has Hart well covered & Brereton has a better finals record.....A strong 3rd placed getter for mine.

Just don't kick me in the Robbie Walls.
Never on purpose, you rock, even if you are a Hawks fan :p

Edit -

Oh man, the Jaeger 'thing', I want this young man to prove why he was rated so high.

I've actually seen how good he is, breaks my heart.

Last edited:
And that assumption is because of his famiy being long term legend status , his idolisation of bucks as a kid , the 23 played they have out of contract , the friendship with current players (sack) , your gut feeling or collingwood getting him
MAYBE KILLER COX. will explode
How many Collingwood players live in Malvern East?

Most of our blokes are kew , try the harp
So I take it Malvern East wouldn’t be a great spot to buy if you were intending on playing for the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was at the Crows

Weird

So I take it Malvern East wouldn’t be a great spot to buy if you were intending on playing for the Pies.
It would likely be a great place to live if you wanted to play at Collingwood but make traveling down to Mornington to see your family regularly a bit quicker. Much easier to jump on the Monash, get down to Eastlink and get to the peninsula from there than from Kew.

It would likely be a great place to live if you wanted to play at Collingwood but make traveling down to Mornington to see your family regularly a bit quicker. Much easier to jump on the Monash, get down to Eastlink and get to the peninsula from there than from Kew.
Makes you wonder how he has lived in another state for 7yrs, if he intends on spending so much time with family in Mornington.

Makes you wonder how he has lived in another state for 7yrs, if he intends on spending so much time with family in Mornington.
So because he’s lived interstate for 7 years that means he doesn’t want to see his family regularly if he moves back? Ok then.

So because he’s lived interstate for 7 years that means he doesn’t want to see his family regularly if he moves back? Ok then.
No, that’s not what I said.

Last edited:
Or he could just live in east melbourne,Train at punt rd and jump on the monash from 500mtrs down the rd

Or he could just live in east melbourne,Train at punt rd and jump on the monash from 500mtrs down the rd
He could. It really depends on the type of property he wants to buy. I’m sure East Melbourne is more convenient than Kew, where a good chunk of Pies players live too.

Regardless of any of that though, attempting to link Lynch moving to Malvern East as a sign that he’s not going to Collingwood (or any club for that matter) is pretty laughable. It’s not like there’s a designated zone that footy players have to live in to play for a certain club. I’m pretty sure that Cloke was trekking in to the city from Wonga Park every day for most of his career.

Collingwood were a more attractive destination at that time. For what it’s worth I rated your list higher back then too. I don’t begrudge Adam for picking Collingwood, I just didn’t appreciate his comments after he made the switch. Seemed a bit odd considering he was apparently set for Richmond. People don’t forget that kind of stuff and in the end it came back to bite him on the arse. We all had a good laugh at him and he seems the type that takes banter pretty well. I actually rate his work on SEN.

I think both clubs are happy with how things have worked out since the trade. Hopefully Adam isn’t too pissed off he missed out on a flag and experiences some success with the Pies.

Richmond were never even an option for Treloar. They hadn't even spoke with him personally, that is from his own mouth.

It was the Dave Matthews relationship with his brother at Richmond which drove the rest of the Richmond media mafia into a lather and why they thought he was sure thing to Tiges.
As Dave had done a backroom deal to send treloar there for a first and (possibly) 2nd rounder.
When it was discovered that he was going to the pies, Richmond panicked and upped the bid. They then brought in the AFL along with DAVE Matthews who personally went into the negotiations trying to overrule Gubby and failed.

As far as Lynch is concerned from what I have read elsewhere (which had the good oil on Treloar), he is undecided but is happy in GC as he likes the lifestyle and lessened pressure up there (compared to a big vic club).

In saying that he is fence sitting pending GC's performance this year and the dollars they are willing to spend but if he is to go then apparently the Pies will be front runners from what I understand.

Richmond were never even an option for Treloar. They hadn't even spoke with him personally, that is from his own mouth.

It was the Dave Matthews relationship with his brother at Richmond which drove the rest of the Richmond media mafia into a lather and why they thought he was sure thing to Tiges.
As Dave had done a backroom deal to send treloar there for a first and (possibly) 2nd rounder.
When it was discovered that he was going to the pies, Richmond panicked and upped the bid. They then brought in the AFL along with DAVE Matthews who personally went into the negotiations trying to overrule Gubby and failed.

As far as Lynch is concerned from what I have read elsewhere (which had the good oil on Treloar), he is undecided but is happy in GC as he likes the lifestyle and lessened pressure up there (compared to a big vic club).

In saying that he is fence sitting pending GC's performance this year and the dollars they are willing to spend but if he is to go then apparently the Pies will be front runners from what I understand.
I appreciate you taking time out of your day to post this and you’re probably right, but quite frankly I couldn’t give s**t anymore. Unless Pies win a flag with Adam (with all due respect I don’t see that happening), the last laugh is ours.

It has been three years since this saga happened and I’m glad it still gives the Pies fans a sense of fulfillment, but us Richmond fans have moved on as we’ve got bigger fish to fry. Hopefully Adam recovers from the humiliation he suffered as a result of our premiership and has an improved season next year. I genuinely enjoy listening to the bloke on SEN so I wish him well.

As for Lynch, I suppose I’ll have to take your word for it. Our recent drafting suggests we’re not interested which actually surprised me. I think if we had a red hot crack at him we’d be more than a chance. This is based on us being a more attractive prospect than Collingwood and Gold Coast. No sweat though. Whatever Balmey decides we’re doing I will back in. The guy just has a winning aura.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to post this and you’re probably right, but quite frankly I couldn’t give s**t anymore. Unless Pies win a flag with Adam (with all due respect I don’t see that happening), the last laugh is ours.

It has been three years since this saga happened and I’m glad it still gives the Pies fans a sense of fulfillment, but us Richmond fans have moved on as we’ve got bigger fish to fry. Hopefully Adam recovers from the humiliation he suffered as a result of our premiership and has an improved season next year. I genuinely enjoy listening to the bloke on SEN so I wish him well.

As for Lynch, I suppose I’ll have to take your word for it. Our recent drafting suggests we’re not interested which actually surprised me. I think if we had a red hot crack at him we’d be more than a chance. This is based on us being a more attractive prospect than Collingwood and Gold Coast. No sweat though. Whatever Balmey decides we’re doing I will back in. The guy just has a winning aura.

I think Pies if they finish bottom 4-6 will be sweating bullets on getting Lynch and then Tigers could come into play, as apparently he wants to be part of a successful club moving forward.

If GC finally get their act together and show improvement I don't think he will leave them for either club.

Back