Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk amongst the town is that Richmond and hawthorn are keen to get him. How on earth can we fit him into the cap?

From what I’ve read and heard we can offer him around 1 mill a season probably unders compared to what he will get elsewhere so the club will need to sell the fact we are right in the window and great culture ect.

And that’s only if we do in fact have that kinda cash laying around
Doubt we would land him but would be bloody awesome

Going by debates around here with certain posters, we dont need talls and Lynch would just slow the fwd half down too much and take away from what the smalls offer.

Besides we just drafted Balta, Coleman-Jones and Miller that would make for far too many kpps on the list. Besides it would probably mean one of our much loved premiership players would miss out on a game and we cant have that now can we.

Imagine if we go back to back and then sign Tom Lynch as a free agent.

The entire forum will have to be shutdown due to all the salt.
After getting 4 top 25 kids in this years draft !!

My god can it get better ?

Maybe trade Hampson to GWS for a 1st rounder lol

Talk amongst the town is that Richmond and hawthorn are keen to get him. How on earth can we fit him into the cap?
I think we could have a large amount of salary cap space; enough to after Lynch. Here's my fairly simplistic reasoning (lots of guesswork involved!):
- 5 senior players cut + 3 retirements [+$2m-ish]
- No senior acquisitions this year. Replaced with draftees and upgraded rookies [-$1m-ish]
- I believe we were subsidising Lids' wage at GWS in 2017, but that is now over [not 100% sure on this one]
- Salary cap has been raised 20% this year. Not sure what measures have been put into place to ensure this is spread across all players but surely this is going to have a similar effect to what COLA had [+$2.08m]
- I've been lucky enough speak to Dan Richardson and a few other Richmond people about the mechanics of the salary cap in the past. Richmond have had a policy of not financially rewarding mediocrity. For that reason, we tried to stay around the floor (95% of the cap). Everyone was aware that it would increase significantly if we had a period of sustained success, as an additional incentive. We are now the best team in the comp and so we can justify pushing closer to the salary cap [+$500k]

So there's potentially $3.5m p/a of space there.

I think we'd be mad not to go after Lynch if we can get him as a free agent at a reasonable price.

Griff gone, that spud hampson will be gone, there’s 600 k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance he ends up at Richmond and talk about it all year could be a big distraction.

I agree, after all, all the talk on whether Tiger Woods would ever win another major after his 2008 US Open win didn't help us. Everyone then decided in 2017 that he wasn't going to and they stopped talking about it and look what happened. Premiers.

He'll be at #lolnorf....serpent_breadmaker already has him listed on their team projection for 2019...

Damn you #lolnorf.

The cash cowbois finally landed a big one!

LYNCH%20Tom.png

2 things in our favor.
We won a flag in 2017
2 best mates are at the club.

Won't come cheap though.Suns would want to maximise the compensation for him.If they feel we offer unders contract wise they will just match.

2 things in our favor.
We won a flag in 2017
2 best mates are at the club.

Won't come cheap though.Suns would want to maximise the compensation for him.If they feel we offer unders contract wise they will just match.
No one matches and they never will, if by some fluke a club does match the AFL will change the rules regarding free agency status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back