Rumour Tom Lynch

Where will Lynch be in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was confirmed to me over the weekend that his club of choice is the Pies. and we all know what happens once a club of choice is announced.
Confirmed to you? Really. Wasn't it also confirmed to you last December? Lots of confirming going on.
decision has been made already - i know these things.. Lynch to Pies in 2019

decision has been made already - i know these things.. Lynch to Pies in 2019

Was confirmed to me over the weekend that his club of choice is the Pies. and we all know what happens once a club of choice is announced.

Confirmed to you? Really. Wasn't it also confirmed to you last December? Lots of confirming going on.
There you go, I've put them in the right order and now it makes perfect sense.

This question/opinion may be unpopular, but do Collingwood or Richmond really need another big-money key forward, or is it just tradition that says that you're meant to play a certain way, and therefore should desire a player like Tom Lynch?

Their current setups and gameplans seems to work pretty well, and I can't think of a game this year that either side have lost because of the lack of someone like Lynch. It just feels like it would change both side's list structure and game plan considerably to fit him in, and "fix" a problem that doesn't really exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This question/opinion may be unpopular, but do Collingwood or Richmond really need another big-money key forward, or is it just tradition that says that you're meant to play a certain way, and therefore should desire a player like Tom Lynch?

Their current setups and gameplans seems to work pretty well, and I can't think of a game this year that either side have lost because of the lack of someone like Lynch. It just feels like it would change both side's list structure and game plan considerably to fit him in, and "fix" a problem that doesn't really exist.
Richmond don't need him and if he went to the Pies I wouldn't care. If he became a Tiger I'd support him the same as I support every Tiger. In the end all that matters is whether or not we have a side that's good enough to win the flag and currently we do.

Anyway, to actually get down to brass tacks here...

Fair enough, to be honest - I have a fair amount of sympathy for Lynch's decision. He probably has another five or so good years at AFL level as a centre-half-forward, and I can't see the Suns being a likely contender in that time. It's also probably worth bearing in mind that the club has gone backwards over the last few years, with players leaving left, right and centre - it can't be a fun place to be at the minute. He's given it seven years, and the lure to return home must also be fairly strong.

He probably should have offered to resign the captaincy himself, that said.

Pretty reasonable question. Richmond and Collingwood's gameplan's work in part because they don't have two big forward's in there, and this makes them ridiculously unpredictable.

I actually think Hawthorn is the suitable option, with Lynch effectively taking over Roughead's position as he declines, and eventually retires. Few years of Roughie mentoring would certainly be handy too. Tom Lynch was a self-starter like Cameron at GWS, but his game will go to another level with a bit of extra tutelage, and under Clarkson.

He owes GC nothing IMO.
He was drafted there. It wasn't his choose to go there.
He is now a FA so can move employers and he has chosen to do so after 8 years service.
The AFL community needs to grow up IMO.

Agreed. They have provide a s**t culture, numerous poor personnel decisions, a dickhead of a CEO and loss after loss after loss...

The club deserves what it gets.

The guy is introverted as **** from any media you see him doing, no idea why he was made captain.

Here are some introverted leaders:

Mark Zuckerberg
Bill Gates
Stephen Spielberg
Albert Einstein
Larry Page
That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

If your looking at sports:
Micheal Jordan
Tiger Woods
Lionel Messi
Cyril Rioli, I would class as an introvert
Robert Harvey another
Steve Waugh I would also class as an introvert.

So I don’t understand the point your trying to make.
Introverts are more than capable of being leaders, the same as extroverts.
Extroverts like introverts are sometimes not made for leadership roles.

Here are some introverted leaders:

Mark Zuckerberg
Bill Gates
Stephen Spielberg
Albert Einstein
Larry Page
That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

If your looking at sports:
Micheal Jordan
Tiger Woods
Lionel Messi
Cyril Rioli, I would class as an introvert
Robert Harvey another
Steve Waugh I would also class as an introvert.

So I don’t understand the point your trying to make.
Introverts are more than capable of being leaders, the same as extroverts.
Extroverts like introverts are sometimes not made for leadership roles.
Michael Jordan an introvert? I wouldn’t have thought so, try Tim Duncan.

By and large extroverts or someplace just short of make the best leaders of team sports, without doubt. They open themselves up to their teammates and exude a confidence through their body language that introverts don’t. Generally speaking anyway.

Back