Recommitted Tom McDonald [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

bump, TMAC out of contract at years end, one of the more appealing free agents in the market.

What is he worth money wise to make him leave the dees

7 months late

That's how long we're been planning for him
Howe
Rivers
Dunn
Mcdonald

I'll tell you what I tell every fan of every team. No other Victorian team has a chance. Victorian don't move to other victorian teams if they are wanted by their team. Name the last high profile Victorian to move to another vic club who his original club didn't want to lose and weren't at the bottom of the ladder?

I'll wait.

Melbourne will give him a decent enough contract somewhere between 500-700k. For him to consider going to North you would need around a million a year over 5. Literally zero worry he goes anywhere. His family live in Victoria and his brother plays for the club. You would have a better chance of getting Weiderman

Howe says hello lol( and so does hibberd, caisle)
Took unders to come to us
He can't wait to get the band back together
Dunn, rivers, Howe Mcdonald

Victorian boy with a brother on the list who’ll hold down our CHB spot for 10 years. No chance of leaving. If he kicks 40+ this year he’ll score a big contract from us, about $600k I reckon.

He wants more than that

And will get it

It's well known at the club that McDonald is arrogant (his nickname is 'Gancy'), so he better not get too big for his boots in his monetary expectations, or I could potentially see a parting of the ways. I'm certain he doesn't want to go, as he's done the hard yards in rubbish teams, but if Weideman really kicks on I could see the club playing hard ball.

His best 3 mates are at the pies

Heaps of cap space

Gone

Howe says hello lol( and so does hibberd, caisle)
Took unders to come to us
He can't wait to get the band back together
Dunn, rivers, Howe Mcdonald

Hibberd and Carlisle left because of the drugs saga. Doesn't count.
Dunn was basically delisted ( yet Collingwoods best defender ******* lol )
Howe was lied to by Buckley saying he would play him forward. Either way Melbourne was s**t at the time and wasn't much of a loss.

For him to leave it would be for pretty much all of the following reasons:

1. Money (which is very unlikely to be an issue at Melbourne)
2. Contention (which Melbourne are pretty well placed for)
3. Long term contract (Melbourne are likely to offer a 4/5 year deal)

He's also very unlikely to leave Melbourne (city), so with that in mind:

Carlton: No
Collingwood: No
Essendon: Maybe. However doubt we're into him.
Hawthorn: No
North Melbourne: No.
Richmond: No. Doubt they can significantly outbid Melbourne.
St. Kilda: Maybe. Doubtful though, they need mids.
Western Bulldogs: No.

So the chances of him leaving are about as high as Jack Viney's.

Hope his years not that great

We don't want to go over 4.3 million which melbourne can't match

He's pretty keen to get away from a few knobs down there
Just like Jeremy was
We have the money, we have the need , we have the upper hand and he has a st Patrick's connection go micky

Will fit perfectly and after last years EMBARASMENT in the final round being pantsed by half a team that was out of contention Why would he stay

Though this is a stupid argument Tom McDonald isn't a high profile player. He's a 24 year old KPP from a small club that has never played in a final or made AA. Gibson was the same age and hadn't played in as many games but did help North beat Hawthorn in the 2007 SF by holding Buddy to three goals.

Never playing in a final is a redundant argument. Plus if he's not that high profile why would it take 800k to get him to move?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Though this is a stupid argument Tom McDonald isn't a high profile player. He's a 24 year old KPP from a small club that has never played in a final or made AA. Gibson was the same age and hadn't played in as many games but did help North beat Hawthorn in the 2007 SF by holding Buddy to three goals.
Seeing as though you recognise stupid arguments let me point out that the size of the club is irrelevant.

If Gawn, Viney, Petracca, or Oliver wanted to leave Melbourne just about every club in the competition would be into them and remunerate them accordingly.

Last edited:
Hibberd and Carlisle left because of the drugs saga. Doesn't count.
Dunn was basically delisted ( yet Collingwoods best defender ******* lol )
Howe was lied to by Buckley saying he would play him forward. Either way Melbourne was s**t at the time and wasn't much of a loss.

Well we didn't have to wait long for a example , from your club even , you didn't qualify it doesn't count did you?

You mean the Dunn who played in the team that cost you finals ..........lol

Your mobs what then if we're so s**t

His best 3 mates are at the pies

Heaps of cap space

Gone
Firstly, Tom doesn't have mates.

Secondly, unlike most of my fellow Melbourne posters I wouldn't overly care if he does leave.

Thirdly, Howe is overrated. He's a great intercept mark, but he's not great when the ball is on the deck or in a contested situation.

Neither of your ex Melbourne players are missed. Dunn was shown the door and in a backline that includes Jetta, Hibberd, Lever, and Hunt we don't need the failed forward Howe.

Hope his years not that great

We don't want to go over 4.3 million which melbourne can't match

He's pretty keen to get away from a few knobs down there
Just like Jeremy was
We have the money, we have the need , we have the upper hand and he has a st Patrick's connection go micky

Will fit perfectly and after last years EMBARASMENT in the final round being pantsed by half a team that was out of contention Why would he stay
If his year isn’t that great I doubt you’d be paying anywhere near 4.3 million.
It’s very obvious you’re just stirring the pot anyway. Your arguements say as much.

Into both

Ned guys on the job
Still have 17 out of contract this season
Reid Fasolo, elliot

8 delisting or list changes

Will get neither.

Darcy Moore, Jordan De Goey, Jeremy Howe, Ben Reid, Alex Fasolo, Jamie Elliot, Matthew Scharenberg, Josh Daicos, Kayle Kirby, Brayden Maynard, Tom Langdon all out of contract at the end of this season according to your board and some of those will require a hefty price tag.

Will get neither.

Darcy Moore, Jordan De Goey, Jeremy Howe, Ben Reid, Alex Fasolo, Jamie Elliot, Matthew Scharenberg, Josh Daicos, Kayle Kirby, Brayden Maynard, Tom Langdon all out of contract at the end of this season according to your board and some of those will require a hefty price tag.

You realise we're only spending 95%
Maynard Howe signed unders again , Kirby daicos , brown all 100 to 200k

De goey cheaper now if we keep
Moore 400
Reid free agent
Retirements
Blair sack Dunn
Thomas 200
Elliott 350 as he's been injured and fasolo same

You guys can't keep em all
Big big money
Hogan, lever, jones , gawn, Vince, Lewis,hibberd, viney, all

You realise we're only spending 95%
Maynard Howe signed unders again , Kirby daicos , brown all 100 to 200k

De goey cheaper now if we keep
Moore 400
Reid free agent
Retirements
Blair sack Dunn
Thomas 200
Elliott 350 as he's been injured and fasolo same

You guys can't keep em all
Big big money
Hogan, lever, jones , gawn, Vince, Lewis,hibberd, viney, all

If Darcy Moore was going to sign for 400,000 per season then it would be already done and signed.

Injured or not as if Elliot would settle for 350,000 per season while Chris Mayne is getting 500,000 to play VFL.

We've had no issues keeping everyone so far and I don't see that changing with T-Mac.

Josh Gibson was a third tall of little renown at North. Tom McDonald is a media darling who plays FB and FF.

Jeremy Howe keen to 'get away from a few knobs at Melbourne', joins Collingwood :D

Howe was desperate to re-sign at Melbourne, but he was kicked to the curb after his ridiculous early demands.

Collingwood were turning him into a forward again, 'where I always wanted to play'. Three weeks later, he's in defence again.

Jeremy Howe keen to 'get away from a few knobs at Melbourne', joins Collingwood :D

Howe was desperate to re-sign at Melbourne, but he was kicked to the curb after his ridiculous early demands.

Collingwood were turning him into a forward again, 'where I always wanted to play'. Three weeks later, he's in defence again.

Yeah good try
That's why for 17 years he's had bucks autograph in his wallet

Very happy to be out of there
That happy dick wad that he's took 200k less

Yeah good try
That's why for 17 years he's had bucks autograph in his wallet

Very happy to be out of there
That happy dick wad that he's took 200k less
He took 200k less than the 350k we offered?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back