Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

We did. And his family built the whole culture of the club.

He was told to fight for his position and offered a one year deal. He took the easy money and easy way out. He wasn’t offloaded.

A lot of talk about Mitchell and how damaging his possessions are.

Well:
- 8 inside 50s (game high)
- 7 score involvements (game high)
- 9 clearances (game high)

That's damaging.

27 contested possies too, also a game high.

Only Danger, Dusty, Rance and Buddy ahead of him now, Kelly, Crouch and T Mitch are the next crop after the big 4

Should be able to add Fyfe back into that crop by the end of the season. Didn't have a great game against Port, but then his whole team got flogged.

I heard Tom was admitted to the hospital with leather poisoning on Saturday night after the game
Apparently it was extremely bad.

Anyone reckon he's got it in him to reach the 60 disposal mark at some point?

I know reaching the 50+ mark itself is already so rare, but if it wasn't for that "quiet" 8 disposal 3rd quarter he could've just as easily reached 60 in that game.

He's certainly the most likely to do so. Only player to ever have multiple 50+ touch games in VFL/AFL history.

Anyone reckon he's got it in him to reach the 60 disposal mark at some point?

I know reaching the 50+ mark itself is already so rare, but if it wasn't for that "quiet" 8 disposal 3rd quarter he could've just as easily reached 60 in that game.

He's certainly the most likely to do so. Only player to ever have multiple 50+ touch games in VFL/AFL history.

My opinion is no.

Only because every other coach in the game isn't as naive/stupid as Buckley.

Having said that he is a freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back