Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people just can't accept that others don't rate Mitchell as highly as they do.

He is gone.
He wanted to go.

Good luck to him.
He ain't coming back.

That's pretty blase of you.

It is also pretty shabby treatment of Barry's son, given how he played for your club back in the 1980s/90s.

Hehehe... and here I was thinking you were such an optimistic young chap.

If Mitchell comes back imagine what we would have to give up to get a AA, MVP, coaches votes, Brownlow runner up, potential Brownlow winner, potential hall of famer, potential GOAT and all round good guy?

We'd probably have to give up at least Parker and Hannebery and probably throw in our first rounder for that year and next.
Not to mention the length and dollars on the contract. Given that he once beat Buddy in the B&F that must mean he is superior to Buddy so...at least $2 million per season for 15 years I would imagine.

If Mitchell comes back imagine what we would have to give up to get a AA, MVP, coaches votes, Brownlow runner up, potential Brownlow winner, potential hall of famer, potential GOAT and all round good guy?

We'd probably have to give up at least Parker and Hannebery and probably throw in our first rounder for that year and next.
Not to mention the length and dollars on the contract. Given that he once beat Buddy in the B&F that must mean he is superior to Buddy so...at least $2 million per season for 15 years I would imagine.

Nah ... pick 13 and $100k on what the Mule offered two years ago would do it!

That's pretty blase of you.

It is also pretty shabby treatment of Barry's son, given how he played for your club back in the 1980s/90s.

Should we just roll over to his every demand because his father once played for the club?

Loyalty runs both ways.

Horse gave him what the wanted, an excuse to blame the Swans for him leaving. ;)

Must say that is abject nonsense. Just goes to show one of the Board's most sensible posters can get it wrong. Of course I thought Luffy, Direen, (Tony) Franklin and Fitzgerald would be champs.

Don't get me wrong. I think Ollie is the bees knees and he is an upgrade on what Nev Fields was all those years ago. Nonetheless I rank the trade of Titch to be the worst since Stewart consigned Terry Daniher and sight unseen Neale Daniher to the accursed Club.

Must say that is abject nonsense. Just goes to show one of the Board's most sensible posters can get it wrong. Of course I thought Luffy, Direen, (Tony) Franklin and Fitzgerald would be champs.

Don't get me wrong. I think Ollie is the bees knees and he is an upgrade on what Nev Fields was all those years ago. Nonetheless I rank the trade of Titch to be the worst since Stewart consigned Terry Daniher and sight unseen Neale Daniher to the accursed Club.

Why did he get traded?

Some people just can't accept that others don't rate Mitchell as highly as they do.

He is gone.
He wanted to go.

Good luck to him.
He ain't coming back.

I can accept that.

I can also accept he is a significant loss and we are yet to cover the foil role for JPK properly yet. Heeney and Parker doing their best though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can accept that.

I can also accept he is a significant loss and we are yet to cover the foil role for JPK properly yet. Heeney and Parker doing their best though.

We covered the "foil role for JPK" admirably when we won the flag in 2012, we covered the "foil role for JPK" in 2014 when we blitzed all-comers until the GF debacle and having the "foil role for JPK" covered in 2016 didn't do squat.
Logic tells me that the "foil role for JPK" is a fiction used to justify angst about losing Mitchell.

A few more bucks and some due respect would have done it, The Mule and Club would not deliver.
Two seasons have passed now so if he stayed for an extra two he'd be asking 1.2M to stay in his next contract.
Just admire him in the Brown & Gold as their sole gun midfielder. Without him that team is ordinary.

Two seasons have passed now so if he stayed for an extra two he'd be asking 1.2M to stay in his next contract.
Just admire him in the Brown & Gold as their sole gun midfielder. Without him that team is ordinary.

J O'M is pretty handy. Would get a gig with us.

Why would you want to watch him with us when you could just become a Hawk supporter & enjoy watching JOM, Mitchell & listeneing to Clarko?
A few others have.

Easy oar Teddy lad. Don't enjoy watching either nor listening to Snarko. Tho I wish I had been at a certain coffee shop earlier this, so I could have got stuck into Prince Gill and Snarko.

Both are bloody good players. Blind Freddie the bull tosser could see that.

Oh I forgot. You're in fantasyland where our Club is perfect, our coach is a genius and all our players are stars and where a hint of criticism is considered treason. Good onya Queen of Hearts.

Is this the thread where I can say "I told you so"?

I said at the time that we would be better to get rid of Hanners or Parker than to rid of Mitchell (and my posts at the time will show this). Players like Mitchell are so few and far between, even rarer if they're a father/son, and we handed him to Scumthorn on a platter.

Some will argue that Hanners and Parker were tied into contracts but the fact is that blind Freddie could see how good Mitchell would be 2-3 years before he was traded. We should have planned for that scenario.
If you joined BF in Aug 2017 how could you have said it at the time on here? Mitchell left at the end of 2016. I'm confused.

If you joined BF in Aug 2017 how could you have said it at the time on here? Mitchell left at the end of 2016. I'm confused.

Not here Kapanis. Some old Bloods mates and I discussed it at length.

... and meh ... it is a confusing world.

I actually joined here a long time ago but was suspended for my first post ... which from memory concerned the need for an asterisk against the Weasels 06 Premiership*. Gave it away as a bad joke then. Nowadays I am miles more patient.

edit. Woops you were responding to Opts - not me - tho it could have applied to me as I only rejoined in 2017.

Thats could its gets bumped everytime sf51 updates the title to include another accolade

Hence I expect this thread will bumped regularly over the next 10 years as more accolades are heaped in his direction.

Easy oar Teddy lad. Don't enjoy watching either nor listening to Snarko. Tho I wish I had been at a certain coffee shop earlier this, so I could have got stuck into Prince Gill and Snarko.

Oh I forgot. You're in fantasyland where our Club is perfect, our coach is a genius and all our players are stars and where a hint of criticism is considered treason. Good onya Queen of Hearts.

Our club is not perfect because we are based in a non traditional AFL state & don't get to choose who we can keep unlike the Hawks who can cherry pick players they want from other clubs without losing any of their own to go home factors or because of money which is the perfect team.
So my definition of a perfect football club means something very different to other people's definition of a perfect football club.

Come on B52.

We have a coach, who has won a flag and taken us to the big dance on 2 other occassions. 3 Grand Finals in the 8 years he has been coaching along with playing finals every year and people say he is a bad coach.

Please don't conduct a little strawman to say I am saying he is perfect.

If we want to bang on about Mitchell's achievements, shouldn't we have the good grace to acknowledge Horse's achievements too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back