Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Come on B52.

We have a coach, who has won a flag and taken us to the big dance on 2 other occassions. 3 Grand Finals in the 8 years he has been coaching along with playing finals every year and people say he is a bad coach.

Please don't conduct a little strawman to say I am saying he is perfect.

If we want to bang on about Mitchell's achievements, shouldn't we have the good grace to acknowledge Horse's achievements too?

Balanced acknowledgement No 37 is the key, both of Titch and Horse. (I struggle to be balanced about Snarko and Prince Gill fwiw).

Hope he doesn't become a succesful coach then or have gun sons or it will last forever

Urrkkh ... hadn't thought of that!

Hope I do not live long enough to see those events come to pass!

Thanks RW, I've selected unwatch so hopefully I am now off this particular thread forever!

Yes very true, but I'm a bit obsessive with making sure all the threads are cleared and once I open it I always feel the need to read!
Me too... I've asked the Chief for an ignore thread button... I think he thinks I'm a little bit crazy ;):huh:

Not worth it now... I've already read it! :p

C'mon Kirky. You need to be filling up on xmas gifts. I am bulk buying Sataris' books for prezzies. As stocking fillers I am bulk buying Bedders' Humbug lollies and Max Oblong's lemon drops.

C'mon Kirky. You need to be filling up on xmas gifts. I am bulk buying Sataris' books for prezzies. As stocking fillers I am bulk buying Bedders' Humbug lollies and Max Oblong's lemon drops.

Does everyone get a "sack the mule" & "I :heart: Tom" T-shirt?

Royalties!!

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
He can't kick for s**t.
Do we really need ANOTHER turnover merchant?
We certainly dont but we do need someone else who can get the football which is where we were totally lacking yesterday.

I am not someone who goes on about Mitchell (see my past posts) but i do think we have never replaced his football winning ability since he left.

Perhaps next year some current players we have step up and take that role or we find a player from elsewhere, but it needs to be adressed.

I still dont understand the need for posters to continually highlight that hes gone. The position we found ourselves in simply meant we couldn't afford to pay him what the hawks could.

Hes gone, yes he's a loss but why keep harping on about it. Its not gonna bring him back.

We certainly dont but we do need someone else who can get the football which is where we were totally lacking yesterday.

I am not someone who goes on about Mitchell (see my past posts) but i do think we have never replaced his football winning ability since he left.

Perhaps next year some current players we have step up and take that role or we find a player from elsewhere, but it needs to be adressed.

I still dont understand the need for posters to continually highlight that hes gone. The position we found ourselves in simply meant we couldn't afford to pay him what the hawks could.

Hes gone, yes he's a loss but why keep harping on about it. Its not gonna bring him back.

Our 2 biggest problems are a lack of footskills and leg speed.
It would be madness to think that someone with just as poor kicking skills & slow as a wet week would somehow be the solution to our problems.
That is just madness.
Sure, you could argue that we need someone to get the ball in the first place, but who is he going to give it to? He is going to give it to blokes who can't kick or he is going to kick it himself. Putting us back to square one. Then we will hear never ending whinging about a lack of plan-B from the coach.

People say we kick it to the wings because we play safe. We play safe because our ball use is horrid. No team wants to turn it over in the middle of the ground. That's not the coach being negative, that's the coach being realistic. When we kick the ball we invariably go via the wings, when we run & carry we invariably go straight up the middle. We can't kick for s**t, so more often than not it comes back with interest. We don't have the leg speed, so when we turn it over we are caught defensively in no man's land. At the best of times BOTH conspire against us.
People also whinge about us not having a forward line. How the F would we ever get it to the forwards if we can't even get it past our defensive 50?
For a long time our brute and "pressure" and all those funky things were good enough to make up for lack of leg speed and kicking skill.

We have a nice crop of youngsters who have gained invaluable experience the last 2 years.
Unfortunately we haven't been able to plug the holes left by the retirement of players like Goodesy and Bolts.
We need to players that can fill those types of roles, not the imaginary role people have assigned to the most overrated footballer of the modern era.

Our 2 biggest problems are a lack of footskills and leg speed.
Yesterday we had better disposal efficiency than GWS, but got flogged in the hard stuff. 163 contested possessions to 124. Isn't one of our problems that the midfield isn't strong enough and incapable of winning the ball consistently?

We also laid less tackles, despite GWS having far more of the ball than we did. Isn't one of our problems players not working hard enough defensively and not tackling?

Yesterday we had better disposal efficiency than GWS, but got flogged in the hard stuff. 163 contested possessions to 124. Isn't one of our problems that the midfield isn't strong enough and incapable of winning the ball consistently?

We also laid less tackles, despite GWS having far more of the ball than we did. Isn't one of our problems players not working hard enough defensively and not tackling?

Those things are more a matter of consistency rather than a lack of ability to do them.

Mitchell might, or might not, help us in that regard.
He was part of the midfield that got spanked by GWS in that final in 2016.

It’s the Tom Mitchell thread

Same as the usual people come in to remind us he was no good. It’s just what it is

He can't kick for s**t.
Do we really need ANOTHER turnover merchant?

I respect that you never rated him very highly so at least you are not changing your mind now he left the club.

But I also think he must of pissed in your drink or something, because you don’t seem to have much idea about his skills and abilities , we get it he sucks, you made that point, if the mods sticky it to the top you can stop coming back to repeat it

I respect that you never rated him very highly so at least you are not changing your mind now he left the club.

But I also think he must of pissed in your drink or something, because you don’t seem to have much idea about his skills and abilities , we get it he sucks, you made that point, if the mods sticky it to the top you can stop coming back to repeat it

Us non-footy experts leave the expert analysis up to people like you so you will have to excuse us every now & then when we don't measure up to your expert analysis.

Titch wouldn't have made a difference.

We'd have had to kick an above average score for us to win the game, and Horse is allergic to scoring, so we'd have ended up with more disposals, and maybe kicked 45 or 50 points.

Can we now add 2018 semi finalist to the thread title. If he was still playing with he would have knocked up getting 40 and we would have scored as many total points. Longmire wd have slated him in the presser and hed get no coach votes.

Back