Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here in Europe I know a soccer player who broke his leg similarly to Tommy around 20 weeks ago, now just this week he has started training with main group but he’s gonna be given 4-5 weeks before he is up for selection in the senior side. That’s around 25 weeks all up and considering Tommy did his injury 10 weeks out from the start of the season, I believe the hawks will have a good look at him around rd 15 to 18!! But let’s not forget, that as demanding as elite level soccer is, there’s a lot more to consider when a player comes back to play high intensity, physical, 360 sport like AFL!
Fingers crossed because God knows we gonna miss him.

100% i think round 16 is a fair guide when the club will assess the club and players goal for the remainder of the season.
one thing to note is tom is better prepared and meticulous than most athletes.

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Rod.jpg

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
100% i think round 16 is a fair guide when the club will assess the club and players goal for the remainder of the season.
one thing to note is tom is better prepared and meticulous than most athletes.

We can only hope , remember we want him up and running on the ground over the next few years. Not ruined! So prepare for the season with him gone .

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Club has said a few times that he won't play in 2019 so I am expecting that.

No point ruining his confidence by bringing him in late in the season/finals and have him trying to find fitness and form in must win games. I also don't want him to play VFL and get 180 possessions which would be inevitable if he played this year.

Let him recover and rehab this year, take a break and start pre-season on the first day 100% ready to go and get a full pre-season before playing round 1 2020 with adequate rest, a fitness base and the injury well behind him.

Wright said it again yesterday

Yes but as you well know - the club always lies about injuries and where they are at

We so need a sarcasm font

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wright said it again yesterday
Now Gralin, when have you started to believe GW about these things? Would you like to buy the Bolte bridge from me, going cheap.
Didn't the doggies loose someone with the same injury in their recent premiership year?

Back