Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

When you put it like that. Maybe. Prefer to hit the draft myself. I don't think Richmond has any room in their cap to afford what Mitchell would be asking for.
He's on a pretty big deal if we paid some of it it's 2 late firsts or a good good first etc.

I'd recommend not logging on tomorrow because I'm tipping you are going to be greatly disappointed.

In before I want to keep him anyway.
Sadly, so are you , when your Superstar Dawson fails to get traded to Crows because you’re too greedy. Only for the Crows to pounch and get him for Nicks (see what I did there)

When you put it like that. Maybe. Prefer to hit the draft myself. I don't think Richmond has any room in their cap to afford what Mitchell would be asking for.

I don’t think Hawthorn would have any hesitation in paying most of his salary if it meant getting their hands on a first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To get 7 for Mitchell I'd say Hawthorn would need to throw in pick 24 or 21

As a Hawk, 15 + a future first, we'd probably pay his whole 750k if you gave that up. Huge overs.

Pick 15 on its own is about right imo.

Depending on how tight their cap is, 26 or 28 could be thrown in to up the % we pay of hid contract.
Ok i might have overstated Mitchell's value but Dane Beams went for two first rounders and he was a shadow of a player that Mitchell is.

Ok i might have overstated Mitchell's value but Dane Beams went for two first rounders and he was a shadow of a player that Mitchell is.

I thino it's the market/landscape itself that has limited movement so much this year. Clubs have 1 million less in their caps currently and have had to cut list sizes down because of covid.

All of thse factors definitely don't help when you want to try to move blue chip players on, most clubs just don't have the cap space because they haven't planned for something like this to happen.

Hawthorn supporters just have to accept that no-one is buying what you are trying to sell.

20 years ago you used this tactic to build your premiership team (brilliant strategy) but a few of the buyers back then were burnt from the trades( Hay, Thompson and Croad just to name a few)

So don't blame the buyers if they are a bit suspicious at the moment.

Hawthorn supporters just have to accept that no-one is buying what you are trying to sell.

20 years ago you used this tactic to build your premiership team (brilliant strategy) but a few of the buyers back then were burnt from the trades( Hay, Thompson and Croad just to name a few)

So don't blame the buyers if they are a bit suspicious at the moment.

I don't even think it is that really, it is obvious what Hawks want. I just think their players are old and have limited usage. Clubs in contention already have the players, and it doesn't benefit younger clubs. The only one that has any trade value would be Gunston, and due to his injuries clubs are probably iffy and not worth the attempt.

Back