Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media keep pushing this but don't think anyone has heard anything
Very surprised you guys are so quiet a Cerra, your going to miss out on Callaghan @ 5. Think u guys could bounce back hard if u got Cerra & players back from injury. Would be keeping Tom & seeing what u could get for JOM. He had a pretty good year. Maybe send JOM pick 5,21, get Cerra & 8 back.

Very surprised you guys are so quiet a Cerra, your going to miss out on Callaghan @ 5. Think u guys could bounce back hard if u got Cerra & players back from injury. Would be keeping Tom & seeing what u could get for JOM. He had a pretty good year. Maybe send JOM pick 5,21, get Cerra & 8 back.

That is a bad deal for Hawthorn imo.

Giving up way too much for Cerra.

I’d rather keep JOM for his leadership. As good as Tom can be, I believe that he can be selfish at times

The only two serious suitors would be Tigers and Lions, otherwise, he stays a Hawk...
Richmond makes the most sense.

Tom getting it 35+ times a game around the ground and giving it to Dusty, Bolton, Short or Lambert 20 times a game makes them incredibly dangerous.

Last edited:
Richmond makes the most sense.

Tom getting it 35+ times a game around the game and giving it to Dusty, Bolton, Short or Lambert 20 times a game makes them incredibly dangerous.

Nice in theory but no way in the world we'd offer anywhere near what the Hawks would ask for (that's assuming we'd even be interested). Would be very surprised if he left Hawthorn.

If blues miss on Cerra I’d happily offer up our 2022 first round pick. We should (in theory at least) look to for challenge for finals and beyond from next year and with Murph, Betts, and Cas leaving we have very little to no players in the 28+ bracket with only Curnow and Jones in this age bracket off the top of my head. Feels like a fair deal for both sides..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but people were talking about Neale being worth 2/3 firsts. Both him and Tom are brownlow medalists and Tom had a better year by a mile. Bit of a head shaker.
At least Neale doesn't blindly bomb it forward to packs anywhere near as much as Mitchell.
Mitchell also loves statpadding his uncontested possessions, even though he's largely ineffective with them.

At least Neale doesn't blindly bomb it forward to packs anywhere near as much as Mitchell.
Mitchell also loves statpadding his uncontested possessions, even though he's largely ineffective with them.
Mitch loves getting the ball in his hands. He’s very good at it. He spreads as good as anyone to get the ball as often as he does, but due to the loss of Henderson, Scully and Smith in one off-season a meager midfield got even more shallow, so Tom had plenty of times in 2021 where he got the ball and had no one to give it to who could carry and deliver.

This is why he occasionally gets it and dumps it, but again, if he was in a side with a more balanced midfield, with more runners who can use it, his ability to get the ball becomes a weapon, like it was in 2018, when we finished 5th.

LOL, Titch as i said won a brownlow, Neale has won a brownlow. Both pretty similar overall in career etc but Titch was so far ahead in 2021 it's not funny. I get Neale had injuries but * if he's 2/3 firsts than so is Titch, i don't think either are but yeah. They are very similar players aswell. Also Titch doesn't statpad, there's no such thing for the most part, unless you're ziebell doing kick to kicks. His possessions he gets off HB or whatever isn't him getting the team into a hole, as shown by his 2nd half of 2021 (no pre season) he was one of the best mids in the comp, was kicking goals, linking up and helping the team and relieving pressure off HB while winning it from the source and running both ways. Severely underrated. Bombing it forward is funny because literally most of the comp would bomb it forward if they don't have a running option next to them (to handball to) or time and space to run and kick. Or no options wide to hit a short kick to.

The only people saying that would’ve been Brisbane supporters surely.
surely! no, i mean most brissy fans have said 3 firsts and bring up Tim Kelly like trades.

But i see alot of 2 firsts and good ones at that rolling around from non brisbane fans.

Back