Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be interested in what other supporters would give up for players like yeo,Parker,prestia, Lyons as examples ?? I'm not saying they're entirely similar players but are at the same part of there careers. I think at least a 1st round for all of them and Mitchell has arguably had the best career to do date.

I'd be interested in what other supporters would give up for players like yeo,Parker,prestia, Lyons as examples ?? I'm not saying they're entirely similar players but are at the same part of there careers. I think at least a 1st round for all of them and Mitchell has arguably had the best career to do date.
He's definitely a first rounder between 10-18. He's a good extractor and accumulator, but needs some a-grade outside players around him utilise his strength. Don't think Hawks currently have this, so his weaknesses are getting exposed.
Would have Yeo and Parker same range, but the other two second rounders only.

What about Mitchell and the Hawks pick 22 for Carlton’s first round pick? Would the Blues do that deal?

I think the Carlton bigfooty contingent would burn the joint down if they did. Pick 5? Never happen.

From my sources - if a club offers up a top 10 pick we'll entertain a trade. Otherwise we'll hold Mitchell to his contract which is heavily front loaded anyway and mostly paid down (950k last 2 seasons, 700k this year, 550k for the last 2 years).

We didn't leak the news, his agent did - which is a typical move when a player has cashed in a front loaded contract so they can get some more $$$ on their leaner later years of the deal.

If clubs don't want to pay what we ask we won't trade, it's that simple.
So what you are really saying is Carlton / St kilda or Essendon

'No impact' Mitchell easily best on ground again in a surprise win. 32 disposals, 16 contested, 7 tackles and a goal despite a hard tag.

Give it a week and people will again be saying he gets nothing possessions and is never tagged because coaches don't rate him.
34 touches tonight

what was his DE%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Around 60%. A few kicks forward out of packs in the second half when tagged brought that down (though that style suits Richmond).
His possessions dont hurt and he is slow , Doesnt really suit the richmond game style and will be 29 years old before he plays a game next year
best he stays at the Hawks as no chance Richmond can afford to pay him the $$

heard mentioned its like 900k

His possessions dont hurt and he is slow , Doesnt really suit the richmond game style and will be 29 years old before he plays a game next year

The problem is the criticism on him is correct some weeks and not as much some others.
He can tear the game open in a quarter and be in everything dominant the game and get 40 touches. And then he can have a poor game but still have 30 touches. And then he can be BOG and with 30 touches like tonight.

I've been saying it for a while somehow Mitchell is the most underrated player going around, those who don't rate him look at his poor games and assume that's how he is every week every possession.

Yes he can have little impact with a chain of possessions, but also he can have a big impact with them as well. Just looking at his disposal numbers week from week isn't really a good reflection of his game.

Straight back to the 'his possessions don't hurt' trope. He was hard tagged (as he was hurting Sydney badly) and was easily BOG such was his influence.

I don't care if Richmond would take him or not but he would be an upgrade on Cotchin or Prestia who play in your style just fine.

One of the only extractors that can get it out on the spread, huge workrate. His impact greatly improves if he has good outside players around him. Don’t think he suits Carlton because of their lack of outside runners, but he’d be extremely valuable at richmond or essendon

Straight back to the 'his possessions don't hurt' trope. He was hard tagged (as he was hurting Sydney badly) and was easily BOG such was his influence.

I don't care if Richmond would take him or not but he would be an upgrade on Cotchin or Prestia who play in your style just fine.

I agree he’s a gun and one of the few Richmond supporters who rate him but he isn’t an upgrade on Cotchin

I agree he’s a gun and one of the few Richmond supporters who rate him but he isn’t an upgrade on Cotchin
Cotchin to is your captain, and the importance of captain's to team success is right up there.

But minus that, just role vs role on the ball...
Mitchell is an upgrade and he is 3 and a bit years younger.

I doubt a deal gets done anyway from the gist of where other tigers posters see the list. Sounds more likely that a trade for a young early 20's mid or hit the draft is preferred rather then getting the best available players right now.

Is he not playing until round 12 next year? He turned 28 a couple of weeks ago

Cotchin to is your captain, and the importance of captain's to team success is right up there.

But minus that, just role vs role on the ball...
Mitchell is an upgrade and he is 3 and a bit years younger.

I doubt a deal gets done anyway from the gist of where other tigers posters see the list. Sounds more likely that a trade for a young early 20's mid or hit the draft is preferred rather then getting the best available players right now.

Trades aren’t up to the fans. But I do agree, Mitchell won’t be leaving.

What do you mean? Different role you mean or Cotchin is the better player?

Cotchin is a better midfielder. Might not get the ball as much but it’s the other stuff he does which makes him great.

Richmond doesn't need Mitchel but Hawthorn needs the draft pick for their rebuild.

I would prefer to trade for Cerra even if he is more expensive.

Back