Ultimate Glory Draft Roulette: Toby Thurstans, Ryan Ferguson, Bret Thornton or Nathan Carroll?

Who should Wright bring to Hawthorn? (Pick 1 or 2)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After a very long absence from this board, (been living in Malaysia for 6 + years) re-joining the Hawks banter, albeit from a distance. Only see these guys on TV so my opinion is not very qualified...Mitchell strikes me as 'good' player, however the reward potential from JOM is potentially huge. If he's fit, he will be elite. Also struggle to see the Swans being anything less than difficult to deal with - giving up a one of their midfielders to a team that stands between them and the chance of another flag. GC at least are active traders and maybe, just maybe JOM is actually gettable.

I don't see Brad Crouch being as cheap as some posters are suggesting. Now that's he's fit he is in the best 22 of one of the top sides in the Como and has huge upside.

I don't see Brad Crouch being as cheap as some posters are suggesting. Now that's he's fit he is in the best 22 of one of the top sides in the Como and has huge upside.

Agree, the wraps on Crouch as 17 year old were just as big as Omera. One could even argue that Omeara is the bigger risk with injuries. Won't come cheap if he does want to leave

Agree, the wraps on Crouch as 17 year old were just as big as Omera. One could even argue that Omeara is the bigger risk with injuries. Won't come cheap if he does want to leave
I'm talking "cheap" compared to Mitchell $ -wise!

To pry Mitchell from Sydney will cost around 600-650,000 per year
Crouch? 450,000?

Trade wise ?
Who knows

I'm talking "cheap" compared to Mitchell $ -wise!

To pry Mitchell from Sydney will cost around 600-650,000 per year
Crouch? 450,000?

Trade wise ?
Who knows

I couldn't see crouch coming across for anything under $500k remember the average wage is now 300k, premium mids which crouch is on the verge of becoming can command 600k plus. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out

Crouch. I want Crouch. He's a contested beast and a clearance machine. He'll cost less both in terms of a wage and trade.
Will be a seriously good player.
Played a great game v Pies last night
I'm starting to favour Crouch over O'Meara too
JOM's injury making me doubt now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing 750k, if thats true we shouldn't part with that sort of money for one player.

Mitchell yesterday talked about how we have the lowest highest paid players and he said no-one is on $900k and not even $800k.

No way we throw that much money at one young player. We will go for the one who most wants to play here and will not require overs.

Mitchell yesterday talked about how we have the lowest highest paid players and he said no-one is on $900k and not even $800k.

No way we throw that much money at one young player. We will go for the one who most wants to play here and will not require overs.
Great to hear and this, for one Ablett you can have one Burgoyne and one Mitchell - this is why we're still good.

Great to hear and this, for one Ablett you can have one Burgoyne and one Mitchell - this is why we're still good.
for Tom Boyd, Franklin and Ablett. You can have Burgoyne, Mitchell, Frawley, Hodge, Rioli, Gunston, Birchall and Ceglar

After a very long absence from this board, (been living in Malaysia for 6 + years) re-joining the Hawks banter, albeit from a distance. Only see these guys on TV so my opinion is not very qualified...Mitchell strikes me as 'good' player, however the reward potential from JOM is potentially huge. If he's fit, he will be elite. Also struggle to see the Swans being anything less than difficult to deal with - giving up a one of their midfielders to a team that stands between them and the chance of another flag. GC at least are active traders and maybe, just maybe JOM is actually gettable.

Love your avatar.

Crouch and O'Meara plus Tomlinson would be a good result. Incredibly unlikely and I don't expect it to happen but if it did if be a very happy man. I watched Crouch on the weekend and he has the potential to be very good, showed a lot of promise. Would love for us to snatch him. That said, the draft this year is supposed to be very strong so we could go looking on this path.

Mitchell is an accumulator but his disposal can be questionable and he isn't consistent.

JOM remains the number 1 seed for me but Crouch is closing the gap by the weekend, that might be because JOM has not been playing at senior level so hard to know how well he is actually going and whether he will get over his injuries but for me Crouch is a very similar player to Joel Selwood and exactly the type that we are lacking.

I have him ahead of Tom Mitchell who I wouldn't mind getting but don't particularly see what the fuss is about, think he would make a good 2-3rd string midfielder (he is about the 5th or 6th at Sydney) but the other two I see as players you can build a midfield around.

Would be very happy to land either JOM or Crouch.

Who would you consider JOM is most like? Is he a similar player to Danger?

I am not a great fan of Sydney's Mitchell, and would rather Crouch.

If Jaegar nominated us, and he is as good as many indicate, then we should give it our best shot, without upsetting other players on our list. That is the Hawthorn way, and, I would think we have a few good prospects coming up through the ranks.

Who would you consider JOM is most like? Is he a similar player to Danger?

I am not a great fan of Sydney's Mitchell, and would rather Crouch.

If Jaegar nominated us, and he is as good as many indicate, then we should give it our best shot, without upsetting other players on our list. That is the Hawthorn way, and, I would think we have a few good prospects coming up through the ranks.

I'd say that JOM is very much like Dangerfield, that rare combination of inside/outside, could be a special player if his knee is 100% and good to go, agree that if he nominated us we would be crazy not to throw the kitchen sink at him.

Crouch I compare to Selwood, the way he moves, kicks and does his work on the inside I see him being a very similar player, probably not as good in the long run but no doubt he would be a great fit at Hawthorn, elite on the insideand a great tackler.

Back