Preview Tom Mitchell out for 2019 with broken leg

Remove this Banner Ad

10 weeks until season starts, unless it's a compound fracture he should be OK for start of season or at least very early?

His fitness base would be very strong already.
Very much depends on the severity of the break.

Look at how long it took Mitch Wallis to return to playing after his leg break (which is on the higher end of severity). And even then, he took at least a year to return to an output comparable to pre-break

Ambulance had to come straight onto the ground.

Trainers had to stabilize his leg.

Players pictured in a huddle following him leaving.

I imagine it's not just a fracture.

Sounds like a 3-6 month job as a minimum.

Very much depends on the severity of the break.

Look at how long it took Mitch Wallis to return to playing after his leg break (which is on the higher end of severity). And even then, he took at least a year to return to an output comparable to pre-break

Yeah, I guess just none of the reports are indicating it was a 'sickening injury' or 'players looked distraught', which is the usual journalistic fanfare that comes from snapped legs.

Hopefully it means it's a little break and he's back soon.

Would be horrible if we had the Brownlow medallist out for an extended period of time.
I'm expecting that to be the case given the circumstances, hoping not, but expecting it

The poster on the rumour board who saw it
Ambulance had to come straight onto the ground.

Players pictured in a huddle following him leaving.

I imagine it's not just a fracture.

Sounds like a 3-6 month job as a minimum.
The Hawks poster who saw it at training saying he was rolling around in pain and had the green whistle. Not sounding good.

Yeah, I guess just none of the reports are indicating it was a 'sickening injury' or 'players looked distraught', which is the usual journalistic fanfare that comes from snapped legs.

Hopefully it means it's a little break and he's back soon.

He played out the game and it wasn't diagnosed until days later. This sounds visceral and not leaving much to the imagination
I think you're referring to the 15' prelim. Hobbled around everywhere. was some effort in fairness, still had an impact too

Is it a Nathan Brown broken leg? Or a Nat fyfe - technically broken but I'll still play - broken leg?
You would think having an ambulance come onto the field to rush him to hospital would mean more Nathan Brown than Fyfe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch. Damn...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back