Preview Tom Mitchell out for 2019 with broken leg

Remove this Banner Ad

Yuck. Hopefully that's just ch 7 sensationalist stuff.
It is and it isn't. They did huddle while the Ambulance went both on and off the ground, but the drills did continue up the other end of the ground while Tom lay waiting for the Ambo.

But being serious, not good news. Hope he recovers for 2020 and has no complications. Always a shame when top players aren't playing footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* terrible news, cannot stand injuries to anyone let alone superstars.

Speedy recovery Tom, you'll be back better and stronger.

I am stunned. This absolutely sucks....and that is coming from someone who hates the Hawks.

Us Blues know the feeling have lost Docherty 2 years in row.

The game is better when all teams can field their best players.

Man, this really sucks. Best wishes to Tom. The whole footy world is behind you.

s**t news and us Carlton supporters know all about it. :(

Speedy recovery Titch and hope you are back out there soon mate.

Couldn't agree more. It's just so deflating for the player and the supporters.

I'm sure he will come back better and stronger. Great player.

Time for the youngsters in Howe, cousins and worpel to stand up...Tom Mitchell is irreplaceable,
Especially with how poor the hawks midfield depth is but there’s now a great opportunity for one of the under 23s to make a name for themselves...Burgoyne and JOM are the two next best mids and between them will miss min 6-8 games through injury. Wingard, who you would think has been bought in to replace Cyril will also have to play more midfield. Mitchell’s injury will have huge affect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know it is a massive loss, but I wouldn't write Hawthorn off for the season.
Plenty of times a club has lost a star preseason or early and went on to do well (Murphy for WB in 2016, McKenzie for WC in 2015 come to mind).
Albeit Mitchell is their #1 player, whereas those two were maybe top 5 at the time.

Also, how unbelievable that an inside mid like Mitchell that has been at the coalface for the last two years with a weekly tag to boot could break a leg in a tackle at training! He would have been tackled a million times in games over the last two years, been at the bottom of countless packs, laid however many tackles himself. Seems as unlikely as Gaff being the person to break someones jaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back