Preview Tom Mitchell out for 2019 with broken leg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
AFL Club
Geelong
Spewing for Mitchell, the Hawks and the comp. How dynamic would they have been with their new recruits and the reigning Brownlow Medallist running amok in midfield. The Hawks will stand up regardless and now we'll see an unexpected player make a name for himself now that Mitchell is injured.

Hawks will still be dangerous.

Young_Guns

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Awful news for Tom. Fingers crossed he can get back to 100%.

If there were a silver lining for the Hawks though, they have maybe 12months to reduce this midfield reliance they have on Titch and now have the opportunity for a couple of their young up and coming midfielders to really make a name for themselves and hopefully (for Hawthorns sake) get them deeper through the middle for when Mitchell comes back which could make them stronger in the long run.

Big years coming up for Shiels and JOM (and Wingard?) to stand up as THE guy in the middle now.

AFL Club
Geelong
Never had Hawthorn as a premiership challenger this year anyway so if anything, and this may seem rather strange considering the latest news, it does give the kid a very good opportunity to rest up and get his shoulder perfect right for 2020.
He's a compulsive trainer by all accounts so he will have no issues getting back to 100%.

Holy Rioli

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Tell me I can't.

I have a feeling this is one of those moments of adversity that will absolutely galvanize our playing list, coaching staff and club.

Everyone writing us off might be looking a little foolish 6 months from now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
If Greg Williams played in this era of non- accountability he would have averaged 55 possessions a week. All more damaging.

Best of luck to Tom for a quick recovery
Fair point! Too young so I kind of missed this era but I remember seeing a stat line of Greg having 50+ disposials in a game as well as 4 goals. More damaging no doubt, although averaging 55 is bit much.

Bombfire

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Tell me I can't.

I have a feeling this is one of those moments of adversity that will absolutely galvanize our playing list, coaching staff and club.

Everyone writing us off might be looking a little foolish 6 months from now.
I think you need to delve into pragmatism and consider that ToM was the foundation of your midfield in 2018.
2019 is likely to reveal the coach staff and playing list won’t be able to cover his unfortunate absence.

PP34

Finals MVP
AFL Club
Carlton
So he’s broken both bones. That would have to seriously put into doubt his ability to recover to be the same player right?

Top Bottom