Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

IF, SYL.

There's always IFs.

I can't see a reality where Collingwood don't offer 27 for Tom, if they do he's gone.

If not and they refuse to go inside the 30, Tom stays.

Win win.

Jaeger leaving, to either GWS or Freo (GWS preferably for us), would be also the look out.
No Dom, he's going. The haggling is about the price, that's all.

Hawks supporters would be happy with a pick in the 20's for Mitchell. The 25 from Geelong or the 27 Collingwood already have. 41 is a Collingwood pipedream that just isn't worth it, if that's the best they can do we'd just keep him.

I can see that logic. I think its a little bit overs (ie i reckon mitchell is worth a 30s pick) but i think its ballpark and if pies are really keen they may do 25 or 27. Pies will probably be looking to offload a late 3rd as will geelong so im sure later picks could be shuffled around between the 3 sides as needed.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No Dom, he's going. The haggling is about the price, that's all.
I'm certain he's going, but that's again IFs.

IF they fail to offer what we would take at a minimum, aka 27.

We won't trade him to Collingwood, it'll be another team or he's staying.

What do you think they will go for?
Mitchell is likely to go for 27.
JOM, I really don't know because Freo have nothing to offer at the moment.

Mitchell is likely to go for 27.
JOM, I really don't know because Freo have nothing to offer at the moment.

I assume if it is freo that they are going to offer their 30 that they get for lobb?

I assume if it is freo that they are going to offer their 30 that they get for lobb?
Giants had apparently tabled 18 or 19 in order to get them to ask JOM if he was open to a trade, so I doubt Hawks would accept 30.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Jom is not worth 21
A player whose salary is being paid for by another club, ie no impact on the salary cap for new side, could be worth quite a bit to clubs that are stretched already but would like to add another quality player to their list.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pick around 30 is about right for a aging Mitchell imo. I think Pies dont want to give up 27 but their current offer is not enough. I doubt this gets done.

Pick around 30 is about right for a aging Mitchell imo. I think Pies dont want to give up 27 but their current offer is not enough. I doubt this gets done.

Might be the Opposite and might be swap or Picks as well

Might be the Opposite and might be swap or Picks as well
Was thinking maybe we are getting involved in the Henry trade to help it get done with some pick swapping and thats the hold up.

Geelong need to move on players for stuff Collingwood want so I'm sure between all the clubs having more picks to move around will help get them there.

Just need to get melb on board haha 🤣

Melb: 33 for F2nd
Port: Ratugolea for 33
Coll: Mitchell, F1st (Geel) for Henry, 41, F4th
Haw: 25, 41 for Mitchell, F3rd
Geel: Henry, F2nd (Melb), F3rd (Haw), F4th (Coll) for Ratugolea, 25, F1st

Who's unhappy?

Back