Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You wouldn't go out of your way to hold onto him after today.

Still worth a late first though. Every club would offer their second so unless in bottom 4 a second is too low.

With the result of the GF, it's anyone's guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today didn't really change Tom's value. He's still a player that is being pushed out of a club due to salary restraints.

Will nominate a club and will go there for a late first rounder or equivalent player.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
If they can't afford to pay Mitchell what he's worth, they aren't getting an equivalent player in a trade
Swans will get a decent draft pick for Mitchell, as it helps ease their salary cap

If they can't afford to pay Mitchell what he's worth, they aren't getting an equivalent player in a trade
Swans will get a decent draft pick for Mitchell, as it helps ease their salary cap
This is what people don't understand, Sydney are only putting Mitchell on the trade table due to cap pressure, getting a equivalent player wont help them. Best draft pick on offer gets him.

That assumes I am in the 'Witts is worth a second' camp!

I would say 25 pick higher. You slide the dial where you want it from there to get an answer that works for you.

I think Mitchell 10 to 25.
On that line of thinking the Vickery compo may just be enough to get TMitch to the Tigers.

Franklin's is backended I believe, increasing each year until he's paid $1.5 million at age 35.

Crazy stuff, even if that figure is inflated.

Haven't heard that... i think i saw something like 1.1 mil... in year 10. But... Considering the new EBA thats due....
Still will be 10% of the total player payments by then. Still a good deal for what he has bought to Sydney. Without him they wouldn't of even made those to Grand Finals.... So in that sense, it was a great investment in terms of win-loss and exposure in the Sydney market.

Back