Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess hanners re signed so its back to mitchell
No. I've thought this for along time, the amount of money invested has not been worthwhile and I don't believe he is a player that will develop much further, JPK is no speedster and Parks is a little light on for pace, too many one paced mids might be too many, plus we will need the draft pick to get Mulls or Dunkley. If the 500k per year is true, are we getting value? At least with Tippo we can bung him in hte ruck and he does a reasonable job

No. I've thought this for along time, the amount of money invested has not been worthwhile and I don't believe he is a player that will develop much further, JPK is no speedster and Parks is a little light on for pace, too many one paced mids might be too many, plus we will need the draft pick to get Mulls or Dunkley. If the 500k per year is true, are we getting value? At least with Tippo we can bung him in hte ruck and he does a reasonable job

We are starting to get value from Mitchell

Bit hard to deliver when you arent picked

Guess it also depends on the truth in the 500k

I think trading mitchell now would be throwing a big investment down the toilet, but just my view

We are starting to get value from Mitchell

Bit hard to deliver when you arent picked

Guess it also depends on the truth in the 500k

I think trading mitchell now would be throwing a big investment down the toilet, but just my view
Quite true, but are we relying on him to improve and keep paying or go after the academy talent? If it was up to me I'd get rid of Tippet as well and find a mobile ruckman, somewhere, probably the land of Oz lol

Quite true, but are we relying on him to improve and keep paying or go after the academy talent? If it was up to me I'd get rid of Tippet as well and find a mobile ruckman, somewhere, probably the land of Oz lol

Mitchell is going to be a star trust me

Mitchell is going to be a star trust me
I can see I', not making my point properly, or it's mot getting thru on this board, it's not a knee jerk to one bad game, it's list management and salary cap restrictions. Is he worth 500k? will he takea pay cut? Will Tippett?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see I', not making my point properly, or it's mot getting thru on this board, it's not a knee jerk to one bad game, it's list management and salary cap restrictions. Is he worth 500k? will he takea pay cut? Will Tippett?

I know you are not reacting to one game, you are saying he is not worth what we pay him full stop.

I still disagree

not sure Tippett and Mitchells contracts are linked

I never said they were linked, but they are both on too much money to be sustained.

Tippett is yeah I agree.

If Mitchell is on 500k then probably but i would be comfortable going around that mark again for him to stay just my viw

Tippett is yeah I agree.

If Mitchell is on 500k then probably but i would be comfortable going around that mark again for him to stay just my viw
Ok, if you have to choose between Parker and Mitchell, who stays? And if we have to give up 2 years of picks to get Mills from the academy who do we trade out for high draft picks

Ok, if you have to choose between Parker and Mitchell, who stays? And if we have to give up 2 years of picks to get Mills from the academy who do we trade out for high draft picks

not sure why i have to get rid of one of them, but ok ill play along why not :p

Ill trade Parker

He's not on $500,000 a year. Are you all on crack?

The deal was $300,000 a year for 5 years from draft date or there abouts. GWS put a sizable offer before him and the Swans had to best it to secure him as a father son.

He's not on $500,000 a year. Are you all on crack?

The deal was $300,000 a year for 5 years from draft date or there abouts. GWS put a sizable offer before him and the Swans had to best it to secure him as a father son.

Im not sure where people pull the 500k from

Im not sure where people pull the 500k from

If it was 5x300k it would've had to be back ended. Can only earn the draftee wage your first two years. For example, Tom Boyd's only getting his original wage this year. So 500k wouldn't be too far off from Mitchell's 3rd year onwards.

If it was 5x300k it would've had to be back ended. Can only earn the draftee wage your first two years. For example, Tom Boyd's only getting his original wage this year. So 500k wouldn't be too far off from Mitchell's 3rd year onwards.

still all guess work and thats still not 500 a year either

But while you are here as a neutral how do you rate Mitchell

can you believe some would like to trade him? or am i overrating him?

still all guess work and thats still not 500 a year either

But while you are here as a neutral how do you rate Mitchell

can you believe some would like to trade him? or am i overrating him?

Think I'm on the same page as a lot of you. I don't think he's a star but I'd have him in the 21 every week and wouldn't be subbing him out just because he's had a quiet game. What's overlooked is, despite his lack of pace, in his first couple of years he actually put on elite pressure in the forward line so I'm not sure his pace is a big issue.

Also don't think it's an issue having him, Kennedy and Parker in the midfield. Hawthorn have Mitchell/Hodge/Lewis, Freo have Barlow/Mundy/Neale, we have Ziebell/Cunnington/Swallow etc. Having Parker and Kennedy rest forward isn't the worst thing either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back