Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Because Longmire's use of the sub is the worst in the league, exhibit A) Mark Seaby

I think he and a number of others will continue to swap between roles. Sometimes he plays more time inside (8 clearances and 15 contested possessions against the Suns) and sometimes more outside like against Norf and Hawthorn. He's one of our weaker midfielders up forward so I expect to see the guys like Parker and Kennedy spend more time there as Mitchell continues to play a lot of time in the midfield.

The claims of him having poor fitness have always been utter garbage. The excuse was used last year when he was dropped after having 29 disposals and 10 tackles against Richmond. Unfit indeed.
I have still never been able to work out the logic in making Seaby sub that day.

There may be, but what is their value in terms of getting draft picks capapble of securing us Mills in next years draft

Yes but there is no guarantee that Mills will be the gun that he's made out to be. Stepping it up in the afl for some can prove difficult.

Yes but there is no guarantee that Mills will be the gun that he's made out to be. Stepping it up in the afl for some can prove difficult.
Oddly enough I remmeber people going on about him on this board as being better than Heeney, but, even so my point was more about salary cap soace and without being able to trade for players this year, we wil have top go to the draft, I guess if we want Mills and Dunjley, how compromised are we going to be over the next few years if they are rated high in the draft points system and all that rubbish

sup lads , sorry for the intrusion. I was just checking in to see how solid is mitchell's place in the side?

sup lads , sorry for the intrusion. I was just checking in to see how solid is mitchell's place in the side?
Anyone who can be dropped after 29 disposals and more tackles than any of our other players managed all year is about as unsafe as it gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't imagine so. Other than the one game against Richmond Mitchell has had a very good season.
that's what i thought. But being here in melbourne I wasn't exactly sure if the swans had other players to come in who they rate higher than mitchell.

By the way , i appreciate your response guys

that's what i thought. But being here in melbourne I wasn't exactly sure if the swans had other players to come in who they rate higher than mitchell.

I'm a fan of him but with so many young mids coming thru and not getting a consistent run I don't know why they don't just trade him

Anyone who can be dropped after 29 disposals and more tackles than any of our other players managed all year is about as unsafe as it gets.
SF51 is like that circus elephant that remembers the kid that threw a rock at his head, and then 30 years later when that same kid comes back with his kids the elephant tramples him.

Tom Mitchell will be admitted to Swans team of the century in a couple of decades, and SF51 will shake his head and say "Remember when he was dropped after 29 disposals and more tackles than any of our other players managed all year"

SF51 is like that circus elephant that remembers the kid that threw a rock at his head, and then 30 years later when that same kid comes back with his kids the elephant tramples him.
Alan, that's a wonderful tale of persistence and revenge against injustice - I support the elephant and hope he inspires others.

We actually have a moderately young midfield with only McVeigh looking like he might retire in the next few years. We also have Heeney, Mills and possibly Dunkley coming in so we do need to find room in that midfield. Still though, Mitchell is easily good enough to make it into the midfield and stay there.

Alan, that's a wonderful tale of persistence and revenge against injustice - I support the elephant and hope he inspires others.

Can this Elephant defend?

Can this Elephant defend?

Well yah. But he routinely butchers the ball.

So being optimistic you can say he fits right in or conversely, dammit more of the same.

I'm a fan of him but with so many young mids coming thru and not getting a consistent run I don't know why they don't just trade him
i think he has got a consistent run (10 in a row now) and has made the most of it like we all knew he would. I think if anyone is in danger of being traded its bird, particularly now mitchell has added a defensive dimension to his game (shutting down boak for three quarters was a good effort). if he keeps it up he will be a required player by seasons end

I think the collingwood poster is looking at how successful the jesse white and tony armstrong trades have been for them and is sniffing around for more scraps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back