SCPaige

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers, Leeds United
Just thought I'd let you guys know (despite it being obvious) - Tom Murphy will be retiring at seasons end, confirmed by his manager Paul Connors from Connors Sports Management last night when I spoke to him.

Just thought I'd let you guys know (despite it being obvious) - Tom Murphy will be retiring at seasons end, confirmed by his manager Paul Connors from Connors Sports Management last night when I spoke to him.
Thanks Paige, appreciate the info.

Yeah, no surprise there.

Schade - Too skinny (Pot calling kettle black, I'm aware)
Leslie - Unproven
McKenzie - More or a rebounder/loose man/3rd man in the contest rather than a "tall"
Tape - This one i'll give you.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of making a big splash in FA, But other than Rory/May and occasionally Day we don't have that many tall options.

Schade - Too skinny (Pot calling kettle black, I'm aware)
Leslie - Unproven
McKenzie - More or a rebounder/loose man/3rd man in the contest rather than a "tall"
Tape - This one i'll give you.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of making a big splash in FA, But other than Rory/May and occasionally Day we don't have that many tall options.

I understand but have a look at Frawleys career stats they don't support his price or contract length demands, they are barley better than Mays and lets be honest the ball has been down in the Melbourne back line quite a bit in the last 5 years. This is the kind of money that we were looking to pay Tippett, is Frawley comparable to Tippett ????????

I understand but have a look at Frawleys career stats they don't support his price or contract length demands, they are barley better than Mays and lets be honest the ball has been down in the Melbourne back line quite a bit in the last 5 years. This is the kind of money that we were looking to pay Tippett, is Frawley comparable to Tippett ????????

Its pointless judging a Full back from stats means nothing, but if u want stats last year in 17 games his opponent kicked 25 goals and only twice did they kick over 2 goals and thats in a team that won 2 games and got smashed almost every week, and if u checked out his stats since 2009 he has a avg of 1.7 goals kicked on him and only a handful of players have a better record than that.

I hope he stays at melb, but i think lot of people are judging him to harsh cause of the reported price tag, but make not mistake where ever he goes the team is getting a top defender who beats his opponent most time.

Its pointless judging a Full back from stats means nothing, but if u want stats last year in 17 games his opponent kicked 25 goals and only twice did they kick over 2 goals and thats in a team that won 2 games and got smashed almost every week, and if u checked out his stats since 2009 he has a avg of 1.7 goals kicked on him and only a handful of players have a better record than that.

I hope he stays at melb, but i think lot of people are judging him to harsh cause of the reported price tag, but make not mistake where ever he goes the team is getting a top defender who beats his opponent most time.
Why are you playing him forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we can agree on that

my $$ is on the hawks
I think your right which just goes to show what a crock free agency is, poor performing club lose players to "destination clubs" as it has been called. Look at Hawthorns list for example

All of these guy are from other AFL clubs
Burgoyne
Gunston
Hale
Lake
McEvoy
Gibson

That's a third of their starting 18

Murphy appears to be a quality person who has given his all to the GCS.

All the best in the future.

I think your right which just goes to show what a crock free agency is, poor performing club lose players to "destination clubs" as it has been called. Look at Hawthorns list for example

All of these guy are from other AFL clubs
Burgoyne
Gunston
Hale
Lake
McEvoy
Gibson

That's a third of their starting 18

Sorry to intrude guys but we won't be getting Frawley. We are not chasing him. He will be at either Collingwood or the Gold Coast Suns next year.

All the best Tom Murphy. Well done on your AFL career that's lasted over 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back