Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Id he does decide to leave at the end of the season you would think the Swans would look for a mid first rounder.

Both North and Carlton (due to Adelaides pick) in a good space to get him.

I'd be happy to give up pick 11...no problems at all. Our biggest weakness is the lack of a high quality small forward. He fits the bill and I like how he plays with a bit of attitude which we also lack. Hope he nominates us. Adding Cogs and Papley would be a dream trade period.

All the talk has been North with the Shaw connection.

I’d say Carlton will have their hands full with Coniglio.

2019 x 2020 Second Rounders.

If Goldstein leaves, potentially 2 x second rounds this year.

Won’t get done for that

Yeah it would.

Pick 25 & 26 as an example is the equivalent of Pick 9, which is probably overs in honesty.

Yeah it would.

Pick 25 & 26 as an example is the equivalent of Pick 9, which is probably overs in honesty.
Would you take Pick 40, 41, 42, 55 and 56 for Ben Cunnington? Because it's the equivalent of Pick 9, which is probably overs in honesty.

Do you see why multiple later picks aren't really the equivalent of an early pick? If North wanted Papley, it involves their 1st, not multiple seconds

Would you take Pick 40, 41, 42, 55 and 56 for Ben Cunnington? Because it's the equivalent of Pick 9, which is probably overs in honesty.

Do you see why multiple later picks aren't really the equivalent of an early pick? If North wanted Papley, it involves their 1st, not multiple seconds

Let’s just over exaggerate then, I didn’t pile up a bundle of garbage picks.

On the same token, Papley probably isn’t getting involved for Pick 5 or 6 for all the same inverse reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the Blues really need a ruck? Is De Koning tracking to be a forward?

DeKoning can play forward but he is being groomed as Kreuzer’s long term replacement.
Lobbe finished and Phillips as injury prone as Kreuzer and not much good.
Cameron at 23/24yo can provide the ruck backup for Kreuzer initially and DeKoning ultimately.
Who knows, may even blossom in his own right in time as many ruckman do.

I really don't want to lose him as he is so reliable at kicking his 2 goals a match. He is nuggety and tough as nails and is capable of running through the midfield too. He is probably the second best small forward in the competition right now behind Cameron. Cameron does the spectacular better, but Papley is tougher.

He has had to do a lot the last few years with our midfield giving him awful service.

Could easily follow same path to midfield as Zorko did over time.
Quality player. Would love him if he is leaving Swans but his grandfather was a Swan so still a lot of reasons to stay too.

I really don't want to lose him as he is so reliable at kicking his 2 goals a match. He is nuggety and tough as nails and is capable of running through the midfield too. He is probably the second best small forward in the competition right now behind Cameron. Cameron does the spectacular better, but Papley is tougher.

He has had to do a lot the last few years with our midfield giving him awful service.

If Papley and Cameron were to ask for a trade to Carlton, would the Adelaide pick be around the mark considering it could well be a single digit pick ?

If Papley and Cameron were to ask for a trade to Carlton, would the Adelaide pick be around the mark considering it could well be a single digit pick ?

I think that would be fair. I don't rate Cameron much, but Papley is worth a pick inside the top 10.

In saying that though I hope this is just a rumour. I don't want to lose Papley as he is so much tougher and more reliable than almost all our other players. I for instance rate Papley as a better player than Parker and Lloyd.

I think that would be fair. I don't rate Cameron much, but Papley is worth a pick inside the top 10.

In saying that though I hope this is just a rumour. I don't want to lose Papley as he is so much tougher and more reliable than almost all our other players. I for instance rate Papley as a better player than Parker and Lloyd.

Yep, really rate Papley who would be perfect for Carlton and happy to pay the price considering he is contracted.
Agree Cameron is probably only spare change but would fill a need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back