Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care.
I'm just throwing in some info I've heard to put some balance on what could really be happening in these discussions.
It's not one way traffic to Carlton here with Papley being a heavily contracted player.
Stay tuned.

Why would we stay tuned to someone who doesn't know anything about the player in question?

Swans won't get Weiters.

Pick 8 gets this done if Paps wants.

You'll draft some more kids and trade in some cheap nobodies as usual. Just like you've done for the past 4 years.

Last edited:

What do you know about our interest in Weitering?
I'm hearing he could be involved in any Papley Deal.
I guess we are short key defenders but is he a key defender?
Blues have spent 4 years developing Weitering. He finally looks like the general they can build their backline for the next decade around and their gonna give him up?

Yeah, nah.

Blues have spent 4 years developing Weitering. He finally looks like the general they can build their backline for the next decade around and their gonna give him up?

Yeah, nah.

Papley!
Elevated into the leadership group & had his best season as a small forward in 2019 with 4 years to run on his contract at the Swans.
"Yeah, nah."

Blues are crazy thinking they can get Paps for pick 8 he's bloody contracted for another 4 years

I believe that is an optional clause in his contract, that doesn't have to be triggered by the player or his management (happy to be proven wrong)
I

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papley will be done for his maximim value. Contracted. Great year. In Swans leadership group at 24yo.

Martin will be done for his minimum value. Not contracted. Poor year. Not overly important player at club. Got dropped at 24yo.

It's not rocket science.

Also silly trying to place exact numbers to their worth on what Picks clubs currently hold because clubs have ample opportunity to aquire what is needed to get trades done. 2 years of picks to use or trade around. Players to use. etc

Weitering ain’t going anywhere.
Ridiculous call.
Papley is worth 8/9, plus Cameron and a future 2nd maybe, with something coming back.
If Joe goes to Sydney, Paps is ours.

Why would we stay tuned to someone who doesn't know anything about the player in question?

Swans won't get Weiters.

Pick 8 gets this done if Paps wants.

You'll draft some more kids and trade in some cheap nobodies as usual. Just like you've done for the past 4 years.
Are you suggesting the Swans go after GWS rejects?

Blues are crazy thinking they can get Paps for pick 8 he's bloody contracted for another 4 years

Papley triggered the option in the second half of this year. Not the Swans. If he did so with no intention of leaving then Paps or his management would be vocal about it right now. They aren't.

Clearly a tactical move. Swans either swallow what he'll cost now, or they trade him now and cash in.

Papley triggered the option in the second half of this year. Not the Swans. If he did so with no intention of leaving then Paps or his management would be vocal about it right now. They aren't.

Clearly a tactical move. Swans either swallow what he'll cost now, or they trade him now and cash in.
Papley triggered the extension in his contract that has locked him in until 2023. He didn’t request a trade at his exit interview.

Clearly a tactical move that he may be happy at the Swans and has committed long term.

Papley triggered the extension in his contract that has locked him in until 2023. He didn’t request a trade at his exit interview.

Clearly a tactical move that he may be happy at the Swans and has committed long term.

Alternatively, he may have already told the club behind closed doors that he wants to return to Victoria, and they are now tactically waiting to see what plays out in the recruiting of Daniher so that they can sell Papleys departure to the members/public.

Then why hasn't he said he's committed? Why hasn't his manager? Why is his management leaking stuff to the media? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back