Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney might not want pick 8. They hold the cards here so they can ask for what they like

Correct.

Doesn’t mean you throw away one of the better young KPPs in the game who loves the club.

With Daniher and a semi-reset incoming they’ll need picks.

I feel like this thread is going around in circles.

Correct.

Doesn’t mean you throw away one of the better young KPPs in the game who loves the club.

With Daniher and a semi-reset incoming they’ll need picks.

I feel like this thread is going around in circles.

Then you don’t get Papley, it is very simple really

Sydney has enough to get Daniher so if they could get Weitering that would the book ends done and both are still really young. No need to speculate with draft picks this way

Sydney has enough to get Daniher so if they could get Weitering that would the book ends done and both are still really young. No need to speculate with draft picks this way

If we get Papley I assure you Weitering will NOT be involved. It will be a combination of picks with the bulk of the value being pick 8 or our future first.

It’s not as if the Swans are getting reamed here. We will be paying overs, but it’s not Weitering or the highway.

Are you still mad about the results of our last few trades? Coming on here trying to stir the pot with talks of trading weitering won't get many bites.

If we don't get Papley for pick 8 we will grab Betts and Dan Butler, pretty simple stuff really.

If we get Papley I assure you Weitering will NOT be involved. It will be a combination of picks with the bulk of the value being pick 8 or our future first.

It’s not as if the Swans are getting reamed here. We will be paying overs, but it’s not Weitering or the highway.

Nobody is saying it’s Weitering it the highway , I think people are saying if Sydney don’t want pick 8 then a pretty significant player to Carlton might need to be given up

Pick 8 is not over for Papley, I saw a lot of him this year and he is worth every bit of pick 8, then throw 4 years on his contract and that value only goes up

Are you still mad about the results of our last few trades? Coming on here trying to stir the pot with talks of trading weitering won't get many bites.

If we don't get Papley for pick 8 we will grab Betts and Dan Butler, pretty simple stuff really.

What has this got to do with anything, the crows have pick 3.

Because I’m a crows supporter I can’t talk about other players and trades? I’m in here because I think Papley is a gun and would like to see what some people think his worth is.

Struck a nerve with Weitering hey?

Nobody is saying it’s Weitering it the highway , I think people are saying if Sydney don’t want pick 8 then a pretty significant player to Carlton might need to be given up

Pick 8 is not over for Papley, I saw a lot of him this year and he is worth every bit of pick 8, then throw 4 years on his contract and that value only goes up

Weitering is too valuable for Carlton to throw up on the trade table though. Also at this point, it seems like the Swans want picks, not players at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering is too valuable for Carlton to throw up on the trade table though. Also at this point, it seems like the Swans want picks, not players at this point.
We’ve gone to the draft 5 years running. If we lose an experienced I think we would want a player as we’ve lost a lot of experience this year.

How do you know the swans want picks?

Just assuming. We will not give up Weitering or any of our required young players in the trade, at any rate. Might take a while to get the picks required to satisfy the Swans, but I am confident it will happen.

In reply to my comment saying Weitering will not be traded.

Agree pick 8 is not overs for Papley but it’s not far off, it’ll make up a good portion of the move. Swans are good traders and a deal will get done if he wants out.

Weitering for Papley could work for both teams. Got to give something to get something

That's not how trading works though. Players have to want to go to that club/state.

Weitering is Victorian, the appeal of wanting to go to Sydney to play are probably low.

Papley is Victorian, the appeal of moving back to his home state I'd hazard a guess would be a higher % than Weitering's % to want to go the other way.

Because I’m a crows supporter I can’t talk about other players and trades? I’m in here because I think Papley is a gun and would like to see what some people think his worth is.

You are coming across as a salty person still bitter about past events coming on here to troll bait with fanciful trade idea's. Not striking a nerve just a pretty obvious assessment of your posts on this page.

I think it is pretty obvious Sydney won't let papley go unless they get a key player in, for mine that is daniher.

I see a 3 way trade where Essendon end up with picks 8 + 23 for daniher or papley staying at the Swans.

That’s an incredibly ridiculous statement to make. Firstly, how would you have any idea of what Sydney would demand in a trade? Secondly, if Sydney do demand a player be included what makes you assume it would have to be Weitering?

Carlton supporters hoping Daniher gets traded so they can get Papley can get f’ed.

Which supporters aren't looking for ways their side can improve? It's not as though anything said here affects the actual trade.

Why are you so unhappy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back