Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

The rumours seem pretty consistent that Carlton are offering their first pick for Papley. What would North be realistically be offering (and no, Mason Wood is not realistic)?

First pick I imagine. Maybe at a pinch we'll try and offer next years instead (correct me if I'm wrong but there's some academy players in the midst for you guys) but I have no doubt a first rounder is changing hands.

If the clubs want to deal in Wood that'll be separate I'd say.

First pick I imagine. Maybe at a pinch we'll try and offer next years instead (correct me if I'm wrong but there's some academy players in the midst for you guys) but I have no doubt a first rounder is changing hands.

Swans would need a first rounder this year to get the Joe Daniher deal over the line.

Think 2 firsts for Joe is overs tbh. Still, guess that's what we got for Bryce Gibbs and Joe probably has more time to go than Bryce.

I doubt the Swans will give up their pick 4 (or 5) for Daniher. Think the first round pick they get from us or North, plus a couple of second rounders should be enough but who knows with Dodo ?

Yes we do have two kids coming through, one who will most likely be a first rounder and the other likely a second rounder, though of course it is hard to tell at this stage. Erroll Gulden though has a great name.

Sidenote, when do we find out if Gold Coast are getting pick 2 as a priority pick?

Not that it matters too much as there is no one that screams "Swans must pick this guy" at pick 5. It is a rather thin draft for inside midfielders, at least at the pick 5 range.

Sidenote, when do we find out if Gold Coast are getting pick 2 as a priority pick?

Not that it matters too much as there is no one that screams "Swans must pick this guy" at pick 5. It is a rather thin draft for inside midfielders, at least at the pick 5 range.
It was reported the AFL will announce their "rescue" package for GC Grand Final week so every club knows the value of their picks before trade week. Seems to be resignation amongst other clubs that GC will be given a top of draft PP to allow then to recruit good mates Rowell & Anderson.

Tom Brown stated as a matter of fact this morning on MMM that Pick 8 for Papley would seem a fait acommpli and be used to secure Daniher from Essendon. Obviously this seems dependant on Daniher wanting to get to Sydney, but there is a lot of smoke around both of these trades.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge though, could see this/these getting done in the back end of trade period if it gets done at all.

Hoping Carlton can work out something along the lines of Papley and a 2nd rounder for 8 and our 3rd/4th rounder. Sydney's 2nd (which is tied to St. Kilda) could then be used on GC's Martin. Not getting too far ahead of myself though am I?

:p

Some double standards in this thread by some of my own Carlton brethren.

We were (rightly) quick to laugh at the delusional Hawthorn posters that insinuated Coniglio would only choose to join Hawthorn to play with his BFF Jaeger.

We can’t then turn around and say that Papley will do the same to play with Newman and Alex Johnson (to a lesser degree).

.... even though he will nominate Carlton IMO.
What's AJ's role at Carlton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't forget the Mason Wood interest either, could be apart of Papley deal.

Wood is not a bad player. I mean he isn't a good player but he would be a useful 3rd tall forward if a team needed one. The thing though that makes North Melbourne fans arguing Wood would be a good fit for Sydney a rather rediculous one is that we have no need for that role at all. I tried to make a best 22 team yesterday and I was honestly struggling to fit in the talls we have as we have so many of them.

How are we going to play Buddy, Daniher (likely), Ried, Blakey, McCartin, Sinclair and Wood all in the same forward line? It would be physically impossible. North Melbourne fans arguing Wood would be a good fit for Sydney just don't understand the state of the Swans list.

Now Gold Coast, I think Wood would be quite useful there, or perhaps the Bulldogs or Port Adelaide. Definitely not the Swans though.

Side note, were you following Worpel around when he was 9 years old? :p

Wood is not a bad player. I mean he isn't a good player but he would be a useful 3rd tall forward if a team needed one. The thing though that makes North Melbourne fans arguing Wood would be a good fit for Sydney a rather rediculous one is that we have no need for that role at all. I tried to make a best 22 team yesterday and I was honestly struggling to fit in the talls we have as we have so many of them.

How are we going to play Buddy, Daniher (likely), Ried, Blakey, McCartin, Sinclair and Wood all in the same forward line? It would be physically impossible. North Melbourne fans arguing Wood would be a good fit for Sydney just don't understand the state of the Swans list.

Now Gold Coast, I think Wood would be quite useful there, or perhaps the Bulldogs or Port Adelaide. Definitely not the Swans though.

In fairness we didn't link Wood to you, that's a media device that is linked to whatever interest you had in him two years back.

The general vibe is that somebody like Fremantle is more likely.

How are we going to play Buddy, Daniher (likely), Ried, Blakey, McCartin, Sinclair and Wood all in the same forward line?
It would be physically impossible. North Melbourne fans arguing Wood would be a good fit for Sydney just don't understand the state of the Swans list.

You could add Hayward and Heeney to those as well if you really wanted to make the point.

Sydney: Email to Carlton & North
2 x 1st round picks , 1 must be top 10

Best regards
Sydney list management

Carlton: reply to Sydney email

*attach TellHimHe'sDreaming.jpg*

Best regards
Carlton List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Back