Universal Love Tom Papley Round 5 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to remember, never saw him play but remember the name Max Papley ? - related, South Melbourne

Yes. Max was regarded as one of the South greats around the mid 60's. Won the club championship in 1966. Only played four seasons with South as he also played sub district cricket and the club wouldn't relent on pre season training commitments which cricket interfered with. Then went on to captain coach Williamstown in the VFA. I didn't know this but I just read that another two of his grandsons have played in the AFL, Ben Ross (North Melbourne and Hawthorn), Michael Ross (Essendon).

Goes to show just how great a coach Horse is. Pretty ballsy to upgrade a player overlooked by all in the draft to the seniors and play him first round. Talk about backing your instincts, but look where it's got him.

Stoked for Paps. Has a real spark and confidence on field, but humble off-field. Has the true Blood spirit in him (I get Buchanan/Schneider/Davis circa 05 vibes..)

Goes to show just how great a coach Horse is. Pretty ballsy to upgrade a player overlooked by all in the draft to the seniors and play him first round. Talk about backing your instincts, but look where it's got him.

Stoked for Paps. Has a real spark and confidence on field, but humble off-field. Has the true Blood spirit in him (I get Buchanan/Schneider/Davis circa 05 vibes..)

He's got that Buchanen/Schneider hair.

Whats that got to do with him winning a rising star nomination

It is still Papley related, so while it is slightly off topic, it's not enough for me to click the 'move posts' button.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back