Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hard to judge. hasn't he only once finished top ten in the bnf? Yet is a really good player.
Swans need picks next year to land 2 good kids so trading a 2nd round pick back won't happen ..

Carlton pick 11 and a 3rd round pick 2020 for papley and pick 24 this year?

Roos have pick 23 but that seems a tad to high..

Carlton and North apparently all over him.

Rumours wants to return home but still has another running on his contract.

What’s his worth?
A 22yo with a year to run on his contract, years off becoming a RFA, having a breakout year, worth plenty.

Similar price to C.Cameron. Different type of player but similar ability.

2nd rounder and McMillan, we don’t really need him, he Isco abrite but not what we desperately need atm. We need speed player who can play I need the center square I.e Daniel wells,
The deal is worth more if you take McMillan out of it. If you are offer a player up freely, it is probably because you think he is a spud and nobody else wants him either.

Some people on Bigfooty seem to really be underrating Papley. As Joao said, he would have to be a similar price to Charlie Cameron at the very least. If anything, Papley is more proven than Cameron was. I'd say anything less than Pick 10 is unders

He's probably one of the only small forwards in the competition who is a genuine game winner, and isn't just a classy finisher. The Eagles vs Sydney game earlier in the year showed what he's capable of - if that kind of player isn't worth at least Pick 10, I don't know what is

He's 23, he's shown to be quite durable playing 79 games in 4 years, has always kicked 24+ goals in a season including his debut year. He tackles and is a small forward. Would absolutely give this years first and second for him without even thinking.

Absolutely want. Would be my #1 trade target.

Adelaide’s first pick on the table. And I’d give it up for Papley in a heartbeat.

Given we’ve been linked to Darcy Cameron I wonder if they’d do him and Papley for that pick.

Some people on Bigfooty seem to really be underrating Papley. As @Joao said, he would have to be a similar price to Charlie Cameron at the very least
It's worth remembering though the majority of BigFooty thought Cameron was a rip-off when Adelaide traded him. Draft picks always seem to carry a higher premium on BigFooty than in real life. In addition small forwards are just hard to value.

Absolutely want. Would be my #1 trade target.

Adelaide’s first pick on the table. And I’d give it up for Papley in a heartbeat.

Given we’ve been linked to Darcy Cameron I wonder if they’d do him and Papley for that pick.
So you will have in effect traded pick 3 for Stocker, Papley & Cameron, fair deal IMO.

If North are into Papley, they are in a tricky siuation, pick 6 is probably too high, picks in the 20s are not getting it done and no player North is willing to add is of any value to Sydney.

FWIW, I think this whole talk is just BF & media beat up, absolutely nothing in Papley's demeanor suggests he is going anywhere.

So you will have in effect traded pick 3 for Stocker, Papley & Cameron, fair deal IMO.

If North are into Papley, they are in a tricky siuation, pick 6 is probably too high, picks in the 20s are not getting it done and no player North is willing to add is of any value to Sydney.

FWIW, I think this whole talk is just BF & media beat up, absolutely nothing in Papley's demeanor suggests he is going anywhere.

Pick 23 and a 2nd round pick would very much get the deal done if the roos coughed that up..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the supporter base would rampage.
Although we do have a couple of gun Academy players next year so I can see the advantage in getting points.

I'd be somewhat disappointed if it happened, but if he's set on North.....

Would be happy to hand over 11 if that’s where Adelaide end up. If they drop a few more spots I’d maybe want something later back but tbh if a player like him wants too come you do what it takes to get it done. Fills a massive need.

It's worth remembering though the majority of BigFooty thought Cameron was a rip-off when Adelaide traded him. Draft picks always seem to carry a higher premium on BigFooty than in real life. In addition small forwards are just hard to value.
Well! Paint me green and call me Gumby, I thought Big Footy was real life:huh::(.

North’s first for this year is out of the question, really need Ash, but more than happy to give up 2 early second picks (this year’s and next’s) or some other deal involving future picks. Sydney would be keen to retain both papley and Florent, who is rumoured to be wanting to come home, but that is a well-spread unverified rumour.

Rate him highly and just want the deal done. Haven’t had a decent small forward since Thomas/Harvey, the former was more of slow medium forward and the other a mid/forward.

North’s first for this year is out of the question, really need Ash, but more than happy to give up 2 early second picks (this year’s and next’s) or some other deal involving future picks. Sydney would be keen to retain both papley and Florent, who is rumoured to be wanting to come home, but that is a well-spread unverified rumour.

Rate him highly and just want the deal done. Haven’t had a decent small forward since Thomas/Harvey, the former was more of slow medium forward and the other a mid/forward.
Won’t get him for a 2nd

I heard another club offer a first around pick 12.
Could be true.

After the Martin-Gaff stuff, I tend to be cautious about any trade rumour until it actually happens or doesn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back