Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can lose what you don't have. The reality is he was never for sale because EFC weren't going to deal
If he was never for sale, why didn't the Blues move on earlier? After Shiel Coniglio, Carlton really needed to land an A-grader this year to match up the ladder but they really added nothing in the off season, which must be incredibly disappointing for abljes fans.

Can lose what you don't have. The reality is he was never for sale because EFC weren't going to deal
The annoying thing is that Sydney led us on knowing they needed 9 for daniher with the intention they would still likely deal papley without him, had we known from day 1 i'd suspect we would have got a Wines type in the door instead and not turned our back on Butler.

Betts will fill the void for 12 months though, we will go after Papley again next year.

If he was never for sale, why didn't the Blues move on earlier? After Shiel Coniglio, Carlton really needed to land an A-grader this year to match up the ladder but they really added nothing in the off season, which must be incredibly disappointing for abljes fans.
Of the 30 or so other players up for sale who else did we want? No point trade just for the sake of it.

Not really, we aren't winning the flag in 2020 and papley unless he breaks up with his partner will still want to come home next year.

If the club can find a suitable future trade for pick 9 so that we are armed with 2 + a future come next trade period all is well that ends well.

You're sure putting some effort into convincing a bunch of disappointed people they should be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still not entirely sure we held Papley because we couldn't get the Daniher deal done. I think it's because the Blues were asking for us to send too much back.

If it was a straight swap for pick 9, I'm sure the club would have done it. If not, I'd imagine most Swans supporters would be filthy with them for not doing it.

I'm still not entirely sure we held Papley because we couldn't get the Daniher deal done. I think it's because the Blues were asking for us to send too much back.

If it was a straight swap for pick 9, I'm sure the club would have done it. If not, I'd imagine most Swans supporters would be filthy with them for not doing it.
Once Martin fell through I am sure we would have made this offer, Swans didn't want to let him go still.

Once Martin fell through I am sure we would have made this offer, Swans didn't want to let him go still.
Sounds like it was never offered. Don't see how you could go from pick 9 for Papley and pick 25 to a straight swap - that's a pretty huge jump. Seems SOS and whoever else just didn't rate him highly enough tbh.

Sounds like it was never offered. Don't see how you could go from pick 9 for Papley and pick 25 to a straight swap - that's a pretty huge jump. Seems SOS and whoever else just didn't rate him highly enough tbh.
Who do I believe you or both teams list managers who said no Daniher no Papley?

Think we sorted that one out.

Who do I believe you or both teams list managers who said no Daniher no Papley?

Think we sorted that one out.
Meh believe what you want. You also believed it was a foregone conclusion that Papley was gone before trade period and weren't buying it when I tried to convince you otherwise.

Maybe if your club hadn't tried to rip us off for most of the trade period we would have made some progress.

Meh believe what you want. You also believed it was a foregone conclusion that Papley was gone before trade period and weren't buying it when I tried to convince you otherwise.

Maybe if your club hadn't tried to rip us off for most of the trade period we would have made some progress.
We knew months ago Papley wasn't coming without Daniher, just didn't expect Essendon to be so stupid.

I never doubted the two 1sts.

I asked about the extra 2nd you just threw in.
Harley implied with the use of the word involving that their was something extra on top and its been mentioned.

He also mentioned 5+9 wouldn't get it done so their offer was worth more then that.

Based on what Harley has said and what has been said elsewhere I firmly believe that a 2nd was added to those picks, you don't and that is your business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back