Tom Phillips apologies here

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a bad 5 minute stretch of poor kicks in the second quarter but apart from that was super again.

And a period in the last where he was very poor defensively.

Has been amazing this year, just keeps getting better. We need to remember that this is just his 3rd year in the afl. There is still 4 to 5 years until he hits his peak.
We should try get his brother Ed from the Saints, then we would have 2 aerobic beasts on each wing.

From the 2015 draft...apart from Clayton Oliver, his output to date would be next best.

Granted exciting KP types like Curnow and Hipwood have higher ceilings if they pull it together, but more than happy with Tom.

He is another Steele/Gaff, will be a 200 gamer for us and just continue to rack up huge numbers as he runs harder and now smarter than everyone else!

From the 2015 draft...apart from Clayton Oliver, his output to date would be next best.

Granted exciting KP types like Curnow and Hipwood have higher ceilings if they pull it together, but more than happy with Tom.

He is another Steele/Gaff, will be a 200 gamer for us and just continue to rack up huge numbers as he runs harder and now smarter than everyone else!

Made all the more merit worthy given we traded out pick 7 for Treloar (Oliver had already been snapped up by then anyway) and still landed the best available mid in the draft!!!!!

Last edited:
Has been amazing this year, just keeps getting better. We need to remember that this is just his 3rd year in the afl. There is still 4 to 5 years until he hits his peak.
We should try get his brother Ed from the Saints, then we would have 2 aerobic beasts on each wing.

Was a mature ager, overlooked in his 1st draft year unless I'm mistaken. Taken by us after an additional year in the TAC as a 19 year old.

Hard to tackle when you have the ball yourself.

Seriously though, he doesnt tackle much because hes always peeling off away from the contest to make space for the next ball movement. As he should. Use your strengths.
Yes agree, but at the ground and watching the replay he does fall off attempted tackles a bit to easily.

Was a mature ager, overlooked in his 1st draft year unless I'm mistaken. Taken by us after an additional year in the TAC as a 19 year old.
Yes I am aware of that, he is still only 22.

In special form, elite potential - it is pure joy watching him and Steele play together

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes agree, but at the ground and watching the replay he does fall off attempted tackles a bit to easily.

I'm thinking upper body and arm strength is not his go at the moment, he's not a great tackler... Kicks 2 or 3 shockers per game but on the positive side is now looking much more composed around goal. Has probably figured out if you kick a couple of goals each week most people will forgive the occasional out of bounds on the full...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back