Traded Tom Phillips [traded to Hawthorn for pick #65]

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk in the media recently that Phillips might consider a trade this year after being pushed out of his preferred wing position to a HFF by the emergence of Daicos.
Averaged 24 disposals over 2018/19 on a wing and can push forward and kick a goal too. Elite endurance, runs both ways, but suspect kicking. Geelong supposedly enquired last year but Tom declined.

What’s he worth?

Last edited:

Would prefer him over our current wings.

What's his worth?
That was my question! Probably a pick somewhere in the 20’s imo. If he ever managed to clean up his field kicking he’d be worth a first easy with his two way running capacity and ability to accumulate on a wing.

That was my question! Probably a pick somewhere in the 20’s imo. If he ever managed to clean up his field kicking he’d be worth a first easy with his two way running capacity and ability to accumulate on a wing.

He's not going to tidy up his kicking at this age. He is a third round pick at best with his limitations.

He's not going to tidy up his kicking at this age. He is a third round pick at best with his limitations.
You’re probably one of the clowns who was saying that Witts was worth nothing in the year he was traded, weren’t you.

Late 2nd at best I would have thought. I can’t see anyone giving a pick in the 20s for him.

Late 2nd at best I would have thought. I can’t see anyone giving a pick in the 20s for him.
Funny how perspectives change. People were saying he was worth a first rounder when he was out of contract 12 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what makes you think it's a likely scenario that a 24 year old player could just magically clean up his kicking? I'd be shocked if he ever did by this stage.
Did you see how Dayne Swan kicked when he was 24...? Taylor Adams is also a current case in point.

How would you rate his kicking after last nights game? The bloke is a liability.
I’ve said straight up that his kicking is suspect. If you want to ignore the two examples from Collingwood alone that I gave you of players improving their kicking with age and experience then that’s your issue.

I’ve said straight up that his kicking is suspect. If you want to ignore the two examples from Collingwood alone that I gave you of players improving their kicking with age and experience then that’s your issue.

Taylor Adams has moved to being a average kick now Swan was always a competent kick just lacked penetration. Phillips is a garbage kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back