Traded Tom Phillips [traded to Hawthorn for pick #65]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love my club to get in his ear.

Why not just stick with Polec? Phillips isn't really an upgrade.

People focus on his kicking, but Phillips' main drawback is that he's the most "scared of contact" player in the AFL not named Rory Atkins. Sure, he's a thin body and an outside player, but his "Deer in the headlights" act in traffic or when tackling pressure comes makes him difficult to trust.

It will probably be pick 30 by the time it’s called out in the draft.

Phillips > any player you’ll get in the second round of the draft
Phillips is a solid option in a role we need filled but nothing more.

I like him and he would make us better. He is not worth an early second, especially not from a team selling him.

It will probably be pick 30 by the time it’s called out in the draft.

Phillips > any player you’ll get in the second round of the draft

But the pool of available players wont have changed much. You’d think almost all comp picks are done now. And F/S and academy players aren’t available anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks pick #43 at best but im thinking even the next pick #59 is even a possibility

Pies need to offload his contract more than the Hawks need phillips
We have 45, 46 and 49, my guess would be one of those.

Why not just stick with Polec? Phillips isn't really an upgrade.

People focus on his kicking, but Phillips' main drawback is that he's the most "scared of contact" player in the AFL not named Rory Atkins. Sure, he's a thin body and an outside player, but his "Deer in the headlights" act in traffic or when tackling pressure comes makes him difficult to trust.
Just an opinion/what I would do if I was working for my club in that dept. If we lose Higgins I wouldnt be against trying to get in his ear.

Apparently our interest has cooled or Collingwood may have been asking for too much

Collingwood's Tom Phillips could return to the club next season, with Hawthorn "unlikely" to advance its interest in the wingman.
The Hawks have explored the option of bringing in the 24-year-old, who has a year to run on his contract at the Pies.
However, according to Hawks football boss Graham Wright, they are prioritising the draft with a focus on young talent.

"We've certainly had contact with his management and Collingwood and at this stage it'd be unlikely for a number of reasons," Wright told the club's Talk Trade podcast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back