Traded Tom Phillips [traded to Hawthorn for pick #65]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently our interest has cooled or Collingwood may have been asking for too much

I'm glad that after 15 years of avoiding the elite end of the draft we've decided it's time to prioritise it in the most compromised year of all time where every second kid is an academy player and most have missed their most important development year...

Phillips would be our most needs-based acquisition in years (more so than JOM and Wingard especially). Will be incredibly disappointed if our off-season inclusions result in only Hartigan and a few 18 year olds.

Might be in the minority but personally i'd fork out the cash for Tom. We went into 2020 with our 3 wingman being Smith, Henderson and Scully in that order of importance. We finish 2020 with only Scully left. Currently we'd be looking at going into 2021 with our wing stocks being Scully, Morrison, Moore, Downie (unless we do an Irving Mosquito and pass on him because of an earlier bid) and maybe Will Day who has never played there but could be okay at it. We were horrifically slow on the outside this season and that will only get worse without addressing it directly.

I'm glad that after 15 years of avoiding the elite end of the draft we've decided it's time to prioritise it in the most compromised year of all time where every second kid is an academy player and most have missed their most important development year...

Phillips would be our most needs-based acquisition in years (more so than JOM and Wingard especially). Will be incredibly disappointed if our off-season inclusions result in only Hartigan and a few 18 year olds.

Might be in the minority but personally i'd fork out the cash for Tom. We went into 2020 with our 3 wingman being Smith, Henderson and Scully in that order of importance. We finish 2020 with only Scully left. Currently we'd be looking at going into 2021 with our wing stocks being Scully, Morrison, Moore, Downie (unless we do an Irving Mosquito and pass on him because of an earlier bid) and maybe Will Day who has never played there but could be okay at it. We were horrifically slow on the outside this season and that will only get worse without addressing it directly.
Or you could just get Polec

Pies would be nuts to take him into next year as a $550k back-up winger if they don’t think they’re competing for the flag.
Either drop the $$ off a bulging cap, or drop the $$ out to make extra future space for 2021 trade/FA (depending on their cap situation and who goes out).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, solid B/B+ winger for nothing.

Instant Isaac Smith replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back