Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea this season is not conducive to Phillips strengths. Smaller grounds, shorter quarters so less opportunity for him to use his endurance to find the footy and more pressure on his disposal which highlights his weaknesses in pace/agility/pinpoint disposal.

Would be good to give someone like a Murphy/Scharenberg a run on the wing at least to provide a marking outlet

Phillips was suffering through personal tragedy last night, so I don't think he should have played. But his performance was more of the same we've grown accustomed to this year. Wilting under pressure, no penetration nor damage when he has ball in hand, and no pressure applied to the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not worth anything, so unsure what we do with him - considering his contract ends at 2021.

Free up cap space and replace him with a youngster that is worth developing.

Phillips was suffering through personal tragedy last night, so I don't think he should have played. But his performance was more of the same we've grown accustomed to this year. Wilting under pressure, no penetration nor damage when he has ball in hand, and no pressure applied to the opposition.

I couldn't agree more, he has been crap all year and his continued selection baffles me. Last night his sh*tness hit new heights and his efforts made Ryan Lonie seem like Captain Courageous by comparison. I don't expect every player to be Gavin Brown but FMD he looked scared out there.

If you're not right to go, don't play Flippa.

I couldn't agree more, he has been crap all year and his continued selection baffles me. Last night his sh*tness hit new heights and his efforts made Ryan Lonie seem like Captain Courageous by comparison. I don't expect every player to be Gavin Brown but FMD he looked scared out there.

If you're not right to go, don't play Flippa.
Injury is a blessing in disguise (or not really disguised at all). He's one of Bucks' favourites, so he was probably not going to get dropped no matter how big a stinker he put up.

He, WHE and Stephenson can't all play in the same team. I know which one I'd stick with

Yea this season is not conducive to Phillips strengths. Smaller grounds, shorter quarters so less opportunity for him to use his endurance to find the footy and more pressure on his disposal which highlights his weaknesses in pace/agility/pinpoint disposal.

Would be good to give someone like a Murphy/Scharenberg a run on the wing at least to provide a marking outlet

Sharenberg should be playing Maynes defensive wing role.

Pass me the popcorn, this should be fun....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back