What’s his worth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Be stunned if he did anything but re-sign. Buckley and co rate him extremely highly, highlighted by his 6th or 7th placing in the Copeland trophy last season.

Disposal is iffy at times but his weekly run and carry is completely invaluable. He is always finding space from opposition to get uncontested ball and move it forward, particularly when he's inside defensive 50. Doesn’t mind a goal either.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #5
It will come down to money
If the difference between opposition offer and pies offer is large that’s when I could see him going

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Seems like the sort of bloke who would take unders to continue playing his role for the team.

From what I understand, he is the ultimate professional respected by many inside the club

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #7
Seems like the sort of bloke who would take unders to continue playing his role for the team.

From what I understand, he is the ultimate professional respected by many inside the club
Yeh have herd he is very good on the training track

Pretty much the fittest player on the pies list

Prochard123

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Forget about him.

He's the type of player that will only excel in our brand of football. He's a poor man's Andrew Gaff, he's a great runner and accumulator but that's it.

Outside our high-possession running through the middle type of football he will pretty much be useless. Within our team tho he is quite invaluable.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #9
reckon he has versatility to play all over the ground which would work across any system
any player that 2 way runs like this guy and uses the ball well has value

Holy Rioli

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
reckon he has versatility to play all over the ground which would work across any system
any player that 2 way runs like this guy and uses the ball well has value
This is his problem, he is not even close to an average AFL player standard when it comes to kicking. Dreadful actually. Great runner, and runs well to the right spots, but is just awful by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #12
This is his problem, he is not even close to an average AFL player standard when it comes to kicking. Dreadful actually. Great runner, and runs well to the right spots, but is just awful by foot.
Harsh I don’t notice him turning the ball over and he can kick off both sides

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Harsh I don’t notice him turning the ball over and he can kick off both sides
I think he’s great, hard runner, not afraid of contact, reasonable left boot but can shank them which is where he gets a bad rap.
But 2 footed? Not sure I’ve ever seen a good kick of his right foot (although I haven’t seen many)

Prochard123

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very similar to Polec, works well under a particular system. Other clubs can lure him away with high salary/picks but chances are he won't be the same player at another club.

Apex36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like Phillips, and think he will stay, but he’s the type of player we can cover, and I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him leave if we managed to get back in to this years first round as a result.

Top Bottom