Recommitted Tom Phillips [re-signed until end of 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Phillips, and think he will stay, but he’s the type of player we can cover, and I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him leave if we managed to get back in to this years first round as a result.

Would trade for a mid / late first rounder for sure.
His positives are obvious. His work rate is top 5% in the comp.
His disposal let’s him down though.

Having said that, some of the games guns have less than amazing disposal.

if he was contracted yes

but an out of contract phillips wont fetch something in the top 20

early pick 20s is about what a player like him out of contract would fetch
and why exactly would we let him go for a pick in the 20s?

There're very, very few players from North who would get a game at Collingwood (2, maybe 3 out of 22?). Phillips is easily best 22, unless you think 90% of ur starting list wouldnt fetch a pick in top 20?...

and why exactly would we let him go for a pick in the 20s?

There're very, very few players from North who would get a game at Collingwood (2, maybe 3 out of 22?). Phillips is easily best 22, unless you think 90% of ur starting list wouldnt fetch a pick in top 20?...
Because he’s out of contract say you low ball him he chooses to leave you have no leverage cos he can walk for nothing

Anyone out of contract who nominated to go, will go cheaper than in contract when the clubs have leverage

Because he’s out of contract say you low ball him he chooses to leave you have no leverage cos he can walk for nothing

Anyone out of contract who nominated to go, will go cheaper than in contract when the clubs have leverage
North supporters say this every year for every half-decent player. There's a difference between out of contract player and unrestricted free agent, might want to search that up.

Interesting pies fans not realising the threat of walking to the draft

Luke ball says hi
When was the last time someone walked into the draft? What % of out of contract player has done that? Luke Ball was 10 years ago.

Knew you’d say that
Ben Jacobs for the record

But point is uncontracted players go for unders as the clubs have no leverage

Contracted players go for overs
You're still using examples from 7 years ago? So we agree that it hasn't happened for 7 years?

Why should we take unders for such a remote possibility that only exist in the creative but delusional minds of north melbourne supporters?

You're still using examples from 7 years ago? So we agree that it hasn't happened for 7 years?
Lol
Point is the threat of it

Which is why it doesn’t happen anymore

As clubs take unders for uncontracted players

You are kidding yourself if you think an uncontracted Phillips gets a pick inside 20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol
Point is the threat of it

Which is why it doesn’t happen anymore

As clubs take unders for uncontracted players

You are kidding yourself if you think an uncontracted Phillips gets a pick inside 20
You paid pick 11 for Polec...

You paid pick 11 for Polec...
Because we had tarryn as an academy player

Again would think you would understand since you had quaynor

It was beneficial to pay overs in that instance just like you guys with beams because quaynor was locked in and you could get him with later picks if you traded away your first pick

Because we had tarryn as an academy player

Again would think you would understand since you had quaynor

It was beneficial to pay overs in that instance just like you guys with beams because quaynor was locked in and you could get him with later picks if you traded away your first pick
No... it's beneficial not to bring in players like Polec and Beams for overs...

Polec is pretty much a C grader this year and Beams is barely an upgrade over Sier

Tom Phillips is an elite 22 year old wingman who would be close to AA 40 man squad this year

No... it's beneficial not to bring in players like Polec and Beams for overs...

Polec is pretty much a C grader this year and Beams is barely an upgrade over Sier
The pick would have gone to quaynor if you didn’t trade it for beams so that’s why it’s a free hit and makes it beneficial

But back to Phillips early pick in the 20s would be the Highest I could see him going for

if he was contracted yes

but an out of contract phillips wont fetch something in the top 20

early pick 20s is about what a player like him out of contract would fetch
Sorry, I forgot Norf logic. “He’s actually worth more than I’m saying, but he’s out of contract so your club will stfu and get what they’re given.” It was fun watching you twits offer peanuts for DeGoey last year while your club offered him a million dollar contract.

Interesting pies fans not realising the threat of walking to the draft

Luke ball says hi
Yes, there’s no difference between Ball in his late 20’s threatening to retire if he didn’t get to Collingwood, and a 21 year old out of contract....

Sorry, I forgot Norf logic. “He’s actually worth more than I’m saying, but he’s out of contract so your club will stfu and get what they’re given.” It was fun watching you twits offer peanuts for DeGoey last year while your club offered him a million dollar contract.
It was fun forcing you guys to up your offer to keep him thus having less to offer others

"This isn't about North." - Me.

That quote should be applied to every thread in this board until the trade period.

I think he might be keeping the seat warm for Ed Langdon.
We should have drafted Ed at pick 48 in the 2014 draft, our draft would have been perfect that year if we had done that. Shame.

We should have drafted Ed at pick 48 in the 2014 draft, our draft would have been perfect that year if we had done that. Shame.

Great pun!

For those playing at home, Collingwood took a player called Goodyear at #48. Perfectyear indeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back