Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL story on Rockliff suggests he's gonna get around 650k per season with us.

bloody fantastic if that is the figure.

and yes I've said from the get go I'm not the biggest rocky fan going around (I think he gets a lot cheapo stats), but he fills a need for us as he is one the best midfield tacklers in the comp (something our midfield group lacked severely last season).

Not a bad piece from Rocky via the AFLPA

PLAYERS' VOICE — TOM ROCKLIFF
It’s Round 23 at the Gabba. The game is just about over at the 26-minute mark of the last quarter when I take a set shot against North Melbourne.

We’re down by 50 points and aren’t going to win. I end up kicking a behind and remember thinking I may have just had my last kick in a Brisbane Lions jumper and, admittedly, the uncertain feeling followed me in the rooms afterwards.

Almost seven weeks later and a new and exciting door has opened as I begin my life as a Port Adelaide player. But unfortunately that means that another door has to close...

I think he'll be a very good player for you so definitely a trading win there. There's obviously been plenty of speculation as to his character but I have to say that he spoke very well IMO on Trade Radio this morning with Kornes and Lloyd. Seemed honest and articulate about his experience and might add some leadership as well as football ability.

:D

As if any of our players wanted more incentive to play finals. Now it's up to Ken and the other coaches to deliver a gameplan that
maximises our talent.
My mood in the leadup to the GF compared to now is beyond all I could have wished for.
Special thanks to
our off field crew
the neighbours
Richmond
Lever
JJ
and not forgetting a special mention to
Tex who just keeps on giving

The salty posts from the crers and verbal gymnastics from Fagan Chapman Dillon Rowie et al and finally
the Vic media for telling it like it is......... gravy on rare roast lamb

Roll on 2018 :D
Very nicely put ;)

Not a bad piece from Rocky via the AFLPA

PLAYERS' VOICE — TOM ROCKLIFF

Quite a good read. I've always been under the impression that Rockliff was quite the arrogant cocky prick who was a bit of a tosser. Based on the way he's spoken both in print and on radio/TV the past 24 hours he's certainly been anything but.

I'm amazed that we've been able to bring a country Victorian lad whose partner is a QLD girl, who have just begun a family together, to Adelaide. Quite an impressive feat.

I think he'll be a very good player for you so definitely a trading win there. There's obviously been plenty of speculation as to his character but I have to say that he spoke very well IMO on Trade Radio this morning with Kornes and Lloyd. Seemed honest and articulate about his experience and might add some leadership as well as football ability.
Thank you. And we all heard that Dixon left GCS to improve their culture and look what happened :)

Quite a good read. I've always been under the impression that Rockliff was quite the arrogant cocky prick who was a bit of a tosser. Based on the way he's spoken both in print and on radio/TV the past 24 hours he's certainly been anything but.

I'm amazed that we've been able to bring a country Victorian lad whose partner is a QLD girl, who have just begun a family together, to Adelaide. Quite an impressive feat.
#destinationclub

Our club has had plenty of experience with helping players and families from interstate settle here (as do all clubs) and some in difficult circumstances, i.e. Travis Boak, Paddy Ryder. We have always been able to do it well so and I reckon we will again. I think Tom spending a bit of time with Trav, they probably discussed this too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not the biggest rocky fan going around (I think he gets a lot cheapo stats)

Accumulators like Rockliff and K. Cornes of old are undervalued imo. Shows they're willing to work hard enough to find free space or plug gaps when no one else will. Reckon Rockliff will turn out to be as important for us as Charlie.

Accumulators like Rockliff and K. Cornes of old are undervalued imo. Shows they're willing to work hard enough to find free space or plug gaps when no one else will. Reckon Rockliff will turn out to be as important for us as Charlie.
Good point. Too often at AO after a free/mark our player, ball in hand, is frozen in time because there is no option presented.
"give him something Port" I yell too much. Laziness/coaching whatever it is, it needs to change because more often than not it
ends up a turnover/clanger or a boundary line kick. It's where the neighbours have got it all over us. You don't see them do
this very often which makes me think it's a coaching issue.
We hear about us losing speed via Impey leaving and Rockliff coming in.......well i'd rather have fast organised ball movement (crows)
than fast chaos footy.

Our midfield mix will improve with Rockliff.
We have had the ingredients minus a Dom and Kane type. Atley is the Dom. Rockliff is a cross between Kane and Francou but stronger body wise.

Get one more outside player with skills and speed like Motlop and we have the lot ... once Polec starts nailing long goals.

Now for an overlapping defender with a good kick and another mobile and accurate (long) shot on goal KPF or 2.
If one of those KPFs that can also pinch hit in the ruck it will be a bonus.

Accumulators like Rockliff and K. Cornes of old are undervalued imo. ...
I wouldn't insult Rockliff by putting him in the Kane Corner accumulator basket. Kane was very good as a negating player but his chip scab accumulating didn't hurt opposition sides. I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of Rockliff's games but from those I saw he seemed more dangerous than a Korne's style accumulator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back