Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
What a shambles

Everyone knew about his shoulder issues at Brisbane.

Having no preseason training is really going to set him back. Hopefully Drew and Atley now seize their chance to go past Rocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Janus

Dominus Ex Machina
Sep 9, 2007
Portland, Oregon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
"Rockliff said he re-injured his shoulder in Showdown 46 in round eight this year — where he collected a game-high 41 disposals in the Power’s 20-point loss — when he was pushed in the back by Crow Cam Ellis-Yolmen following a centre bounce contest and fell awkwardly forward with both arms outstretched.

“I played out the game and the rest of the year because it didn't feel too bad but there were moments in games where it would flare up, feel a bit jumpy and be a bit restricting.

“It had its good and bad moments.’’

...Rockliff’s latest, more complex surgery — proven to be successful in contact athletes, particularly rugby players — is usually the last resort for sportspeople who have had multiple shoulder reconstructions that continue to cause them trouble."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wish Rocky all the best and for a full recovery but the reality is him missing a chunk of the season isnt going to be the difference in our win/loss ratio
We have others who can play those midfield minutes. I am more concerned we brought him to the club with a dodgy shoulder.

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
So for Round 1 next year we could have Marshall instead of Sam Gray, Howard instead of Westhoff, Ladhams instead of Ryder, Garner instead of Broadbent and Drew instead of Rockliff. I'd much rather play that team all season and finish 12th than play last year's team all season and finish 8th. Pick a team to help us build and develop a squad capable of winning premierships, not just a team capable of scraping into finals.

Kiss from a Rozee

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"Rockliff said he re-injured his shoulder in Showdown 46 in round eight this year — where he collected a game-high 41 disposals in the Power’s 20-point loss — when he was pushed in the back by Crow Cam Ellis-Yolmen following a centre bounce contest and fell awkwardly forward with both arms outstretched.

“I played out the game and the rest of the year because it didn't feel too bad but there were moments in games where it would flare up, feel a bit jumpy and be a bit restricting.

“It had its good and bad moments.’’

...Rockliff’s latest, more complex surgery — proven to be successful in contact athletes, particularly rugby players — is usually the last resort for sportspeople who have had multiple shoulder reconstructions that continue to cause them trouble."
What’s the recovery time?

Top Bottom