Tom Rockliff

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our midfield appeara to have changed heaps thanks to Rocliff.
We have gone from playing to a losing ruck with flair to a maul and chip over the top and now with Rocliff and Wingard clicking, to finally having a decent ruck plus taking it away from a maul with flair and smarts.

The second quarter last week plus most of last night has been a pleasure to watch and the best part is that even though it's predictable, from an ipposition perspective it is also hard to stop as it cannot be stopped by tagging just one or two players.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our midfield appeara to have changed heaps thanks to Rocliff.
We have gone from playing to a losing ruck with flair to a maul and chip over the top and now with Rocliff and Wingard clicking, to finally having a decent ruck plus taking it away from a maul with flair and smarts.

The second quarter last week plus most of last night has been a pleasure to watch and the best part is that even though it's predictable, from an ipposition perspective it is also hard to stop as it cannot be stopped by tagging just one or two players.
Now to fix the forwards mess

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Hope the people who were writing him off after a month of severely underdone football feel suitably silly. Gun.
Always knew he would come good.. just at that stage in the early rounds felt he wasnt in the best 22..based on fitness and lack of running power..

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
His kick is so underrated as well. Yes he doesn’t have a piercing boot, but he always hits a target and makes very smart kicks. He always takes the time to make sure he hits a target, instead of just bombing away. He has an uncanny talent of dropping it into a hole to our players advantage.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A handy recruit to say the least:)

Rocky is an absolute gem. Seriously love how he goes about everything - in/under. Head 'in the hole' as Timmy G always emphasises.

QPower

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2006
The Chestnut Tree Cafe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
I think I love this bloke.

I grew up watching players like Timmy Ginever and Stephen Williams who while not the most talented players, just consistently did the basics well all the time.

Tom, while more talented than those players, is hard at it all of the time, composed and just does the basics right again, again and again.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Heard the post match with Rockliff yesterday and feel genuinely happy for him. Big move to come to Port Adelaide at this stage of his career and knows there was pressure to perform, but we should also acknowledge that PAFC had pressure to deliver success for him as well.
He is waking up now performing a pivotal role in a team sitting second on the ladder, hopefully a top four / top two finish and home finals in front of 50k+ to come with a realistic shot at a premiership. Wouldn't have dreamt this twelve months ago.
And we know he won't take it for granted.

Such a good recruit. He knows how to find the ball and thinks through every disposal even with a nanosecond to react. And his personality and character so important in building a team-first culture.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Such a good recruit. He knows how to find the ball and thinks through every disposal even with a nanosecond to react. And his personality and character so important in building a team-first culture.
Every time I see Rocliff in the middle I cannot but think of the positive influence he will have on the development of the younger players such as SPP.

Rebuilds like Melbourne did and we did as well to some extent in 2010 and 2011 by getting games into youngsters really do not work as well as having youngsters learning alongside good experienced players.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Every time I see Rocliff in the middle I cannot but think of the positive influence he will have on the development of the younger players such as SPP.

Rebuilds like Melbourne did and we did as well to some extent in 2010 and 2011 by getting games into youngsters really do not work as well as having youngsters learning alongside good experienced players.

Exactly. This is why the Carltons and Suns of the AFL will continue to struggle for a while yet. Without leadership on-field, it doesn't matter what plan is in place, regardless of how talented some youngsters might be.

Like Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rocky went under the knife at exactly the same time last year but that was when he was on Brisbane’s list still and they knew he was leaving. Perhaps they only did a cursory job knowing that.
I am counting on us having better surgeons and procedures in SA ;)
He clearly wasn’t this year... and if it’s more invasive, how on earth will he recover faster than he did this year?

Yet we gave him big money and long terms... will he ever get back to anywhere near his best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2013
Alberton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rocky went under the knife at exactly the same time last year but that was when he was on Brisbane’s list still and they knew he was leaving. Perhaps they only did a cursory job knowing that.
Or his shoulder is toast like Hombsch's hips and will need continuing surgeries to continue playing.

Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ludicrous comment. No ethical, self-respecting surgeon would do anything but their utmost for their patient. Hippocratic Oath etc.

Draft, I meant to use sarcastically font, although sometimes surgeons do the least amount of surgery required and up the anti if that isn’t successful.

You are making less sense now

Back