Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Ludicrous comment. No ethical, self-respecting surgeon would do anything but their utmost for their patient. Hippocratic Oath etc.

You obviously haven't been to some third world countries hospitals, where we are sourcing doctors(and nurses, sadly) from for our health system as "skilled migrants".

You obviously haven't been to some third world countries hospitals, where we are sourcing doctors(and nurses, sadly) from for our health system as "skilled migrants".

Did Rockliff get surgery in a third world country?

Rocky went under the knife at exactly the same time last year but that was when he was on Brisbane’s list still and they knew he was leaving. Perhaps they only did a cursory job knowing that.
I am counting on us having better surgeons and procedures in SA ;)

Lol.. i hope so.. it would be like a dentist pulling a tooth though surely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm told Doctor Feel performed the surgery. He'll be good to go in two weeks.

I sliced him open, exclaimed "shits ****ed" connected his shoulder to his collarbone using cable ties and then sealed him up with gaffa. She'll be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong, it’s actually a ‘more intensive’ recon than the last.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n/news-story/9fa820b71f1d94c6af6758546945d791

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t read the article, but unless there
Rocky went under the knife at exactly the same time last year but that was when he was on Brisbane’s list still and they knew he was leaving. Perhaps they only did a cursory job knowing that.
I am counting on us having better surgeons and procedures in SA ;)

It’s got nothing to do with the surgery and everything to do with the rehabilitation after it, which would be done at the club and at home.

From the research I’ve done, it’s possible for the shoulder to “stick”, especially if it’s been in a sling. You’re actually meant to be put in a device that moves the shoulder around constantly so the tissue doesn’t scar over. Then it’s all about doing rehab exercises to maintain movement.

Last year after his surgery Rocky was more concerned about moving his family to a new state and assimilating into his new club, and probably nursed his shoulder more than he should have, which is why it didn’t heal properly. I’m quite certain this is why he says that it’s “more intense” this time around.

I’m quite certain this is why he says that it’s “more intense” this time around.
Wrong

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/9fa820b71f1d94c6af6758546945d791

TOM Rockliff’s second shoulder reconstruction has been more intensive than the first, with the high-profile Port Adelaide recruit confident that it should hold together next season.

“The first surgery last year was keyhole but this time they’ve sliced me open and gone in to clean everything up — some things that didn’t show on the scans — and tightened it all so hopefully the shoulder doesn't slip anymore.

Ok so a "SHOULDER RECONSTRUCTION" is minimal surgery? Regardless of keyhole or not? Child please

Where did I say it was minimum surgery ? I’m pretty sure I didn’t dumbo !

All I’m saying is the decision to cut him open makes this a more invasive surgery then last time, which clearly they are opting for for a reason. Surgeons don’t just cut people up for the fun of it, they always keep cutting to a minimum, hence why last time was keyhole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back