Tom Rockliff

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
While he is getting all these surguries can we attach blade runner legs (minus the gun) so he can get off the treadmil and at least keep up with sanfl midfielders. That would be nice.
brizzy put a ferrari badge on a leyland p76.. we fell for it.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
After seeing Rocky plod around like he had concrete in his boots last year I was concerned. A massive relief to see him cover the ground like he did today. Exactly the game we recruited him for.

You watch those nature documentaries on Discovery Channel?

You see the one about lions?

You got this lion. He’s the king of the jungle, huge mane out to here. He’s laying under a tree, in the middle of Africa. He’s so big, it’s so hot. He doesn’t want to move. Now the little lions come, they start messing with him. Biting his tail, biting his ears. He doesn’t do anything. The lioness, she starts messing with him. Coming over, making trouble. Still nothing.

Now the other animals, they notice this. They start to move in. The jackals; hyenas. They’re barking at him, laughing at him. They nip his toes, and eat the food that’s in his domain. They do this, then they get closer and closer, bolder and bolder.

Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the s**t out of everybody. Runs like the wind, eats everything in his path.

Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is.

Rocky showed you who he is today.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
That was the rock of old. He is such a smart player. He’s not blessed with speed or power but he gets to right spots and the amount of fines he hit up a short kick today to a target was what I remember him for in his bris days.

Hope he carries it into the season proper

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that the most disposals in a game from a Port player in our AFL history? I don't remember anyone getting more than that for us.

EDIT: Peter Burgoyne apparently had 45 in a game once. Rocky's effort today was our second highest ever though.

I'd love to know exactly what went wrong last year. Was it injury restricting his mobility, lack of fitness, a combination of both? 2018 Rocky was so far removed from the real Rocky that its crazy.

Injuries.
100%

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Was telling people last season that wasn't the real Rocky. came to the club needing a post season opp on the shoulder, then did his knee and struggled from there on.

Went to JLT2 to see how Rocky moved and knew watching him he was over the knee injury. Was absolutely everywhere.
Lets hope he can carry this form throughout the season now.

Back