Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the recovery time?

6 weeks until he can run, can’t do contact until after Christmas.

It explains why he fell off a cliff after R8 in terms of his form.

This is good news as I see it. It shows that his decline in the second half the season was due to injury not simply age.

Averaged 32 disposals a game up to round 8 (34 if you exclude the game he got concussed). If he returns to that form after having his shoulder fixed then he's definitely beneficial to our team.
Some of the most unmemorable disposals since Kane Cornes and Peter Burgoyne used to run around for us

What's with all the Rocky hate? He cost us nothing and made us a better team. Ex AFL captain and clearance machine our young guys can learn from.
Probably did as much visable leadership on and off field as our Co Captains

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Some of the most unmemorable disposals since Kane Cornes and Peter Burgoyne used to run around for us
We're on the same page with Rocky and Kornes, but IMO Peter Burgoyne is in the top 10 players to ever pull on a Power guernsey. He is the type of player Wingard should've (and still might) become and the exact type of midfielder our current squad lacks*. Not his fault crazy Choco tried to turn him into a half back flanker...

*I'm hoping Houston turns into this player.

So for Round 1 next year we could have Marshall instead of Sam Gray, Howard instead of Westhoff, Ladhams instead of Ryder, Garner instead of Broadbent and Drew instead of Rockliff. I'd much rather play that team all season and finish 12th than play last year's team all season and finish 8th. Pick a team to help us build and develop a squad capable of winning premierships, not just a team capable of scraping into finals.
This made me feel a lot better about Port Adelaides future. I've been looking at the negatives far too much. Thank you.

So for Round 1 next year we could have Marshall instead of Sam Gray, Howard instead of Westhoff, Ladhams instead of Ryder, Garner instead of Broadbent and Drew instead of Rockliff. I'd much rather play that team all season and finish 12th than play last year's team all season and finish 8th. Pick a team to help us build and develop a squad capable of winning premierships, not just a team capable of scraping into finals.

And a 12th place finish would (surely?) mean the end of Hinkley.

If we develop youngsters for our future and be rid of Hinkley in the process then that’s what I call a win-win.

What's with all the Rocky hate? He cost us nothing and made us a better team. Ex AFL captain and clearance machine our young guys can learn from.

• Came to us injured
• 4 year deal @ $700,000pa
• 3 shoulder recos in 2 years
• Turns 30 in February and will go into 2020 without a preseason under his belt. Again.

It’s not ‘hate’, it’s just another shocking decision in the post-2014 cavalcade — especially when we let a younger, vastly superior piece in Polec walk because of fears about durability and overpaying.

🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts etc. would be feeling so conned by this club.

We won’t be a destination club again for a while.

Think the club would feel more conned by them. Ryder has had one very good season, a few OK ones. The rest have been massive disappointments.

Think the club would feel more conned by them. Ryder has had one very good season, a few OK ones. The rest have been massive disappointments.
I still hold out hope for watts was good before getting injured and i think mentally is in tune with his life and footy finally, hoping for a big 2020 from him

Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts etc. would be feeling so conned by this club.

Yea look the Hinkley effect but I'd rather have not bothered with any of those guys in hindsight.

I’m not sure about that anymore.

I think those names you mentioned also must take responsibility for their form.
I’m no Hinkley fan but the players need to take a bloody long hard at themselves.
Ryder Dixon and Rockliff were all part of that nth Melbourne debacle whilst Motlop couldn’t even get a game.

Our senior players are a massive reason we never go on to play finals. It isn’t the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back