Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

The ONLY thing that gets me here is Rockliff has stated he'll make the best decision for himself and his family, but hes also said he's going to go to Port over the Blues because they are closer to success. Assuming Carlton was offering the same or even possibly more $$ than Port was, is him possibly getting a premiership really best for his partner and their new baby?
*en oath it is. If you win a flag you are a happy chappy. Being a happy chappy make life easier on the missus and kids rather than being a grumble bum and felling you have never achieved your goal/dream.

****en oath it is. If you win a flag you are a happy chappy. Being a happy chappy make life easier on the missus and kids rather than being a grumble bum and felling you have never achieved your goal/dream.

Really? It was the one extra year he has said did it. So if we offered him that extra year originally, would he have moved anyway? Probably.

And what happens now if Port DONT win a cup in the next 4 years?

Good pickup by Port.

Good group starting in the middle - Ryder, Rockliff, Wines and Boak.
Ebert and Polec on the wings.
Gray and Wingard across half forward.

Nice.
Add Sam Powell-Pepper to the middle rotation.
Add (hopefully) Motlop to the wings rotation.

Very noice.

Really? It was the one extra year he has said did it. So if we offered him that extra year originally, would he have moved anyway? Probably.

And what happens now if Port DONT win a cup in the next 4 years?
He will be unfulfilled. Just like the overwhelming majority of players who make it to this level.

Amazed that a Victorian went to another interstate club.. I would have thought he'd want to return to Vic to play.

Yeah whatever you all want to argue over irrelivent things go for it, those players are gone and all will play finals be for Brisbane let's see how players like witherden and mccluggage like loosing so much and if they resign next year also if rocky stays let him loose it really doesn't matter crows and port are making finals without him also good luck over paying for Charlie Cameron. Also it's the final round tom rockliff hasn't reigned why would he say he is leaving during season now it's over let's see what he says

The same wingard that has already said he won't leave south Australia? The only way he would leave he said if it was because of a big basketball opportunity which won't happen. As for the ladder we are making finals aren't we? That's all that matters also how long is this Brisbane rebuild going to take? Been around the bottom for years and don't look like moving up anytime soon oh maybe to beat a even worse Gold Coast suns

This thread is a lot of fun to read in hindsight!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah well, Tom made the right success-oriented choice with the information he had at hand. How was he to know a) Ken Hinkley was the biggest fraud in the AFL and b) The Lions would be as good as they have become now. I think if Port had their time again I don’t think we would have invested so much in a player that was already over the hill, and adds nothing to our mix anyway. Ah well. Hindsight.

It's hard to argue against it. Our culture has improved out of sight and Rockliff was well known for mistreating draftees.

Just seems like a genuine knob to me.
I know its hard to judge when you dont know someone, but he's got enough runs on the board to tell me he's a bit of a tool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back