Rumour Tom Rockliff to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, let's give it some context.

Whitecross is a quiet type, who loves camping and fishing, so he's pretty likable. He's done his knee 3 times and each time missed out on the ultimate success.

He's come back into the team and looks hungrier than ever and to have found some form that we thought was well beyond him after his knees.

Do supporters identify with a guy like Whitecross and want to see him succeed? You bet they do.

Would they rather cheer this guy on each week, than take on the captain of a club who's looking to move him on?

I can see why some posters would rather the battler, feel good story.

I completely understand what you're saying. For what it's worth unless brendan states he wants out hawks should definitely not be looking to move him on given the investment placed into him.

Just think its important to remember that from a talent point of view they are absolutely leagues apart though.

I completely understand what you're saying. For what it's worth unless brendan states he wants out hawks should definitely not be looking to move him on given the investment placed into him.

Just think its important to remember that from a talent point of view they are absolutely leagues apart though.
Brendan uses the ball extremely well in heavy traffic and is getting used as a utility though back in 2011-12 his numbers were getting higher as he played more and more inside with the ability to spread from the contest. Then...we all know what happened to the poor bloke. Rocky is a good inside bull no doubt and is the better talent but not by 500k difference that he comes with.

Brendan uses the ball extremely well in heavy traffic and is getting used as a utility though back in 2011-12 his numbers were getting higher as he played more and more inside with the ability to spread from the contest. Then...we all know what happened to the poor bloke. Rocky is a good inside bull no doubt and is the better talent but not by 500k difference that he comes with.

From a purely footballing point of view I'd be happy to give Rockliff a pretty hefty salary but he comes with a lot of baggage which devalues him IMO. I highly doubt hawks are after him though. Reckon they'll be thereabouts in the race for O'Meara and Tom Mitchell.

Too expensive for it to ever be a reality
He would need to love silver more than gold to come to Hawthorn

It's threads like this that make this board a joke

Well, let's give it some context.

Whitecross is a quiet type, who loves camping and fishing, so he's pretty likable. He's done his knee 3 times and each time missed out on the ultimate success.

He's come back into the team and looks hungrier than ever and to have found some form that we thought was well beyond him after his knees.

Do supporters identify with a guy like Whitecross and want to see him succeed? You bet they do.

Would they rather cheer this guy on each week, than take on the captain of a club who's looking to move him on?

I can see why some posters would rather the battler, feel good story.

Players do too. Every year the focus is on the hard luck stories and going above and beyond to share the win.

You don't just look at one player and hope like hell it all works out at the end of the season.

Richmond does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

06-take_a_number-med.jpg

Tom Rockliff will not leave Brisbane after he gave the departing players a few years ago who wanted to return home a roast about leaving. It will be a bad look on his part if he left Brisbane in similar circumstances. Hawthorn doesn't have any picks or players to orchestrate a trade for Rockliff anyway.

Maybe the club wants to trade him?

Gotta laugh at hawks posters saying nup, wouldn't touch, s**t bloke haha.

Fit right in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back