Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL would give it to them saves them asking for a priority pick. I think it would qualify any way. Frawley 700k got Melbourne pick 3 compo.
It goes on other factors like contract length though doesn't it?
You would probably need a 5 year deal to put him in band 1 range and no one is giving him 5 years IMO

He's obviously got a contract offer from Brisbane on the table. I think he's still sussing out the market, and think he's most likely to re-sign. However, if he did want to leave...

If he did get a contract offer that would generate pick 2, I doubt we'd match. That seems unlikely though.
If he got a contract offer that would generate pick 19, I'd think we'd look at threatening to match and organizing a trade instead.
He gets Bris pick 2 or 3 for sure. This is exactly why it has been brought in. To compensate a team that is struggling when they lose a gun.

Not sure anyone could complain either.

+ Go home Charlie?:)

A well informed poster on our board who said Schache and McStay would be going nowhere has posted that "Rockliff is 100% staying at the Lions".

Posts on bigfooty don't mean alot. Could be some 14yo at home that guessed correctly on things.

The only one pushing Rockliff to the Crows in Adelaide is Rooch and he's the type who'd do that just so he can hang s**t on the club for not recruiting a player who was never a chance of coming in the first place.

He was doing the same thing last year by saying we'd trade for him. Just recycling old news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not be the game fantasy league people were after from Rockliff today but he played an excellent game from a team perspective.

Held Gibbs to just 1 touch at half time and just 8 touches for the game. Very happy to keep him in a lion's jumper.

I like how Clarko is getting Vickery to work on building his amount of games at VFL level:thumbsu:
Rocky is quite the player I hope he can keep adding different strings to his bow.

Like I said clarko loves a well strung bow, next stop HB.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed he was tagging. Maybe lions know he's going and are planning the midfield without him.

On SM-N910G using BigFooty.com mobile app
Playing him as a tagger has nothing to do with that. It was a coaching master stroke that paid off beautifuly. Rockliff kept Gibbs to 1 touch in the first half, which coincided with our 52 point lead at half time. Very smart move by Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back